✫・𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐀𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞・✫

Chapter 3: You're Not Alone

Past Kaito would've been disgusted and amazed at the fact that Ouma would want to hang out with him, let alone like him. But past Kaito was gone, and now, Kaito enjoyed hanging out with the leader. 

Sometimes, behind all of his snarky remarks and insults, he had some pretty good jokes and stories in there. Though none of the good memories came from his past life, Kaito had learned. He was beginning to like Ouma more and more, even starting to call him his "little sidekick."

"So, little sidekick, watcha' wanna do today?" Kaito energetically asks, Ouma pretending to think.

"What does Momo-chan wanna do today?" Ouma asks, tilting his head.

"I would say star-gazing, but, it's the afternoon at the moment so," Kaito nervously chuckles. 

"Wellllll, we can always wait 'till night." Ouma adds, looking up at Kaito like he was the most idiotic man to ever exist.

"R-Right!" Kaito chuckles, feeling a bit stupid himself. Geez, why hadn't he thought of that...?

"Gosh, Momo-chan! How stupid can you be?" Ouma asks teasingly. "Just joking! Sorry if I hurt your feelings, y'know." Ouma adds quietly, moving to hold Kaito's arm. Kaito pats Ouma's head, he was already used to the never ending teasing. 

Kaito smiles as Ouma continues to softly tease him, knowing it was distracting him from whatever bad things were happening in his mind. 

"We could do anything today but it'd be fun 'cause you're stuck with me now!" Ouma cheers, grinning. Kaito shrugs.

"Guess I am stuck with you, huh?" Kaito pats the leader's shoulder in an almost loving way, causing the other to make an almost unnoticeable blush spreading across his face. 

☆━━☆

"Hey, Momo-chan?" Ouma asks, looking towards Kaito.

"Hmm?"

"Thanks for... Y'know... Not leaving me. Not keeping me alone. I wouldn't have been able to handle it." Ouma quietly says, averting his gaze to the side. Kaito rolls over to his side, pulling Ouma into a tight hug.

"Ouma... Kokichi... You will never be alone. I'll make sure of that." Kaito says, feeling Ouma's arms slip around him as well.

This was totally platonic, right?

They held each other more, both of them looking up at the stars. They were for sure real, Kaito had noticed that. 

There was a very high chance now they were no longer in the killing game. It was quiet, despite Ouma's soft breathing against Kaito's neck. It didn't bother him. In a way, it comforted knowing he was still alive and this wasn't some crazy dream or afterlife. 

Kaito found himself drifting off, realizing Ouma was also asleep. 

Kaito knew how badly Saihara had hurt him in the game, and knew it scarred him. Kaito sighs, fully closing his eyes and holding Ouma tighter.