"please, you're flattering me all too much, but I must have a game with the captain of the miracles since you recommended him", aisa lightly chuckled.

the green-haired knight simply hummed, as aisa took a sip of her tea, offering some desserts to the two, as she did with murasakibara and kiyoshi.

the blonde princess had then continuously displayed her pleasing behavior with the rest throughout the week.

as another example, aisa had taken notice to mibuchi's unnaturally long lashes; his beauty rivaling to that of a woman's.

and along with what midorima had suggested, aisa had also played a game of chess with akashi, not surprisingly losing to him.

     "as midorima had said, you are very skilled, akashi", aisa praised.

     "not at all, your highness. it's simply a matter of trying to guess your opponent's next move and countering that", akashi stated.

     "as expected from someone who's spent a lot of time weaving in and out of the game of chess. I must say, I'm quite impressed. have you considered playing against brother aki? he's quite proficient in that as well", aisa informed.

     "unfortunately his highness and I did not experience such a feat, as he was busy practicing his swordsmanship for the majority of the time that we accompanied him", akashi replied.

     "oh really? then you must've seen his powers! what do you and mibuchi think of it?", aisa asked.

     "I believe that his highness is very talented. it seems that he's put in a lot of hard work and effort. I'm elated to see the rest of the princess and princes' abilities", mibuchi respectfully answered.

"I agree with mibuchi. though there are still a couple days left before the selection, I am curious as to what your highnesses' powers are exactly", akashi stated.

     "ah, well, brother aki's power could be called many things: lightness, heaven's blessing, angel...anything that concerns the holiness of kurieitā.

the point is that he can basically summon a holy sword, a shield, a full body of armor, and some other stuff", aisa casually explained.

     "some other stuff?"

     "I'm not entirely sure. it's been a while since I've seen him at his full powers. why? interested?", aisa asked, her lips curving upwards into a grin.

     "indeed. it's not everyday that someone as lowly as us gets the chance to converse with her highness about the true ability of the kitanis", akashi smoothly covered up.

     aisa softly hummed.

     "I see...", she muttered.

     akashi could sense that the first princess was already suspicious of him. it was unbelievable.

he didn't think that she'd be so cautious, and that itself was a problem for him — well, more for his father: duke akashi masaomi.

"shall we head back now? I believe it's time for lunch", aisa noticed.

"of course. right after you, your highness", akashi and mibuchi bowed.

as the blonde princess stood up to leave, mibuchi slightly turned his attention over to his captain.

"sei-chan, are you sure that you still wish to serve the first princess?", he whispered.

"I don't exactly have a choice. it's father's orders", akashi coldly answered.