kira stared at the broken glass, her eyes full of concern. "are you ok?"

tay gulped. "fine. i'll be right back."

liam frowned softly. "you want me to come with?"

she shook her head, walking to the bathroom. she shut the door, not-so carefully pulling the glass pieces out of her skin. she stared in the mirror, her eyes tearing up as she stared at her appearance. she had dark eye bags, her skin was pale, and her lips were beyond chapped. she froze when stiles appeared behind her suddenly, quickly turning around. "stiles? what the hell are you doing?"

stiles smirked, then tay felt sick when she noticed the lack of that certain glint in his eyes. and what that smirk was identical to.

that wasn't stiles.

that was void.

she squeezed her eyes shut. "go away."

"tay," void sang. "come on. we had good times, remember?"

"you aren't real." she covered her face with her hands. 

"remember how i trapped you in your basement?"

"stop it."

"how i had my hands around your throat to the point where your face was purple?"

"stop," she whispered her beg. 

"how your chest tightened and your breath stopped. how your eyes started to roll back. how you almost went limp-"

-

"stiles!" tay choked out, hitting void's hands that were around her throat. "stiles! please! stop!"

void smirked, laughing. "he... oh, he's begging me to stop too. inside, he wants me to not do this so badly."

"please," she begged, her face turning to purple. she gasped and choked, trying to cough.

void squeezed tighter. "you have no idea how much he loves you. it's almost like your the little sister he's never had."

tay tried to whisper a 'stop', her eyes rolling to the back of her head.

void's smirk got wider, letting go a moment after her breathing stopped.

tay dropped the the ground, coughing widely and trying to catch her breath.

-

"stop it!" tay cried. 

liam opened the door, looking around. "tay. tay, c'mere, hey. what's wrong?"

she brought her shaky hands away from her face, void no longer standing there. 

it was a hallucination. it was just another hallucination; you're too tired.

"tay," liam repeated, slowly and hesitantly putting a hand on her shoulder. "what's the matter? you look like you saw and are a ghost."

she flung her arms around liam's neck, sobbing into chest. 

"hey, hey, hey," he whispered, his arms going around her middle. he stroked her hair, scratching her head slightly. "you're ok, i'm right here."

"i'm so tired," tay told him through her cries.

liam glanced behind him, sharing a worried look with the others - specifically scott and stiles. "i know, baby. why don't we get you upstairs? you can take a long nap in the guess room until we go to get mason. scott won't mind, you know that."

she shook her head. "no, no, i can't sleep."

"why not?"

she thought back to when she had slept for the first time after dying, which was after her and liam's first time. she had a nightmare, again. and now she didn't want to sleep otherwise she'd have the same nightmare again. "i can't."