The Female knight

Start from the beginning

Jalal felt tears flowing from his face, he didn't know why the sentence hurted him, but it was true he didn't have anyone beside him, who he could be walking hand in hand. He never understood love cause he never loved anyone, cause around him all he received was empty love, just words but no emotions.

"Shenshah we need to take you to Agra."

Jodha dragged Jalal's body under a tree, when a violent gush of wind started blowing, she saw Jalal shivering.

Jodha wrapped her arms around him, to keep him warm. Jalal saw fire in her eyes, if anyone tried to hurt Jalal , first they would have to cross Jodha"

Jalal loved the warmth. He didn't want her to leave. That's when he collapsed.

"Shenshah,open your eyes"

"Jodha begum, I always wanted to die like a soldier not like this. My begums, my mother I don't want them to cry over my death. Jodha.."

Jalal closed his eyes, Jodha was frantic, she wouldn't allow him to die , even if she had to fight the god of death herself she wouldn't allow him to leave her.

She found Jalal's horse, with a help of rope, she carried Jalal on her back, with one hand on Jalal's cheek to hold him in place and the other hand on the reins of the horse.

Atgah khan was searching was Jodha and Jalal.Darkness had already enveloped the sky , but there was no sign of Jalal or Jodha.

Atgah immediately ordered a search , and while going in circles he heard a female's voice, strong , sharp and commanding.

"Atgah saab"

He turned to see Jodha begum riding the horse with a severely wounded Jalal on her back .

"What happened Jodha begum?"

"There's no time Atgah saab, you need to send a letter to the hakim of Gwalior to immediately come, Jalal has been injured severely by a tiger. I will take him to Agra. Please, I beg you , do call the hakim fast."

Atgah knew Jodha and Jalal's marriage was a political one and it was  quite a common sight to see both of them arguing and fight with each other, but today was different.

He saw fear, care and maybe a spark of love in Jodha's eyes for Jalal. Atgah had never seen anyone care for Jalal so much except for Hamida. Atgah hoped that Jodha would help Jalal take right path.

"Don't worry Jodha begum, you go to Agra. I will send for the hakim."

On the way to Agra, Jodha was praying to Kanha. " Please let him be safe , please."

The road seemed endless, long but Jodha was relentless. Jalal felt a gush of wind and a soft feminine hand on his cheek.

Jalal knew he was on a horse and the rider was none other than Jodha. Jalal felt safe , so safe for the first time. He put his worries aside and clutched Jodha harder and rested his head on her shoulder.

After an hour, they reached Agra, everything happened in a hurry. Jodha saw all the begums crying. Hamida was angry at Jodha and Ruqaiya slapped Jodha.

But none of this mattered to Jodha, she ran to her room and prayed in front of her Kanha.

"Nothing should happen to Jalal. I beg you , nothing should happen to him."