The Female knight

Jodha and Jalal were traveling to receive blessings since they were newly weds. Hamida wanted both of them to spend some time alone.

While returning they stopped for hunting,

"Shenshah, let's not go hunting. It's not good to kill small animals."

"Jodha begum, if you want ,you can come otherwise you can stay here"

By this time , everyone had gotten used to both of them fighting.

"How can I leave you alone? I will come with you."

"It will take my whole lifetime to understand you , Jodha" , Jalal said smiling looking at angry Jodha.

At one point, the troop spilt. Jodha and Jalal went together, deeper into the woods.

"Shenshah let's go back , I am getting scared."

That's when they heard , the roar , unknown to both of them this was a turning point for in their life. That night would be a night filled with troubles.

"Shenshah, that's a ..."

"Shhh.."

The tiger came in view. Now this was a perfect kill shot for Jalal. He pulled the trigger but the rifle didn't work, that's when he realized it was a matter of survival.

"Jodha begum, step back"

"Shenshah but.."

Jalal took out his small dagger he kept with him .

The tiger was about to pounce on Jodha but Jalal came and started wrestling with the tiger.

Jodha was scared as hell she wanted to do something.

On the other hand , Jalal managed to kill the tiger but he was wounded very badly.

Blood was gushing out with an alarming speed, and he was losing consciousness.

Jodha looked at Jalal's state and started crying.

She ran to him, " This is all my fault, I thought that you would kill a deer or some innocent animal so I removed the bullets"

Jalal smiled looking at her, " If the woods were  so safe , I would never carry a rifle.To fight a tiger you need another tiger."

Jodha looked at Jalal with sadness, " The tiger may be the king of the forest, but does it realize all the other animals are innocent why does it have to kill it?"

" Jodha begum that's the law of survival. It has to kill others to survive."

"But it creates fear in others animals."

"Maybe that's the cost of being a king, on this path you have to walk alone."

Suddenly the sky became dark, to make matters worse , it started pouring heavily.

Jodha managed to find a lake , she dragged Jalal's body and laid him on the stone. She poured water on his wounds.

"Ow..", Jalal cried in pain.

Jalal was losing consciousness in and out. He saw a woman, blindingly beautiful, fear marked her face, she was his wife , Jodha.

Jalal had never witnessed such care for him ever. Neither his numerous begums nor his badiammi took care of him like she was taking, inspite of hating him so much.

He heard her say, " It must be sad to walk alone, that's why he's so heartless cause no one has accompanied him. He has never experienced love."