-8- Art Galleries and Jealousy

Depuis le début

Adrien crosses his arms, asking, "Wasn't he the Evillustrator on your last date with him?"

"That's not him anymore, Adrien. Ladybug saved him." She slips her book bag on and faces Adrien. Why did he care what she did after school? Was he jealous?

"Do you like Nathaniel... as more than a friend?"

Marinette shakes her head. "No. I like...." She trails off. Adrien smiles. He didn't have a reason to be jealous, even if he still is. "Are you and Nino still eating lunch with Alya and I?"

"Of course." Adrien and Marinette walk to lunch together. "Are you going to try out for the play?"

"I've never done a play before. It sounds fun." She looks over at Adrien, who's already staring at her. "The costumes I've seen used for that play are amazing! I've always wanted to design something like that."

Adrien steps closer, their hands brushing. "If you audition for Juliet, I'll audition for Romeo."

"Deal," She whispers, grinning.

The lead characters' love ends in tragedy, which is what Marinette fears between her and Adrien if she confesses everything.

***

Marinette steps outside her bakery and waves at Nathaniel. Instead of her usual causal fit, she's sporting a short, long-sleeved black dress with rhinestones around the hem. Even Tikki thought it was too fancy for a non-date. Marinette just wanted to blend in at the art gallery so people didn't think she was an amateur. "Hey, Nathaniel."

"Wow, Marinette. You look beautiful." He tries to hold her hand as she turns to lock up the bakery, and frowns. They walk side by side, empty handed. "So, are you excited for the new exhibition?"

"Yeah. I love seeing new art." She's clueless to Nathaniel's attempts at holding her hands. She couldn't stop thinking about Adrien earlier and how he sounded jealous that she was going out with Nathaniel. No, if Adrien liked me, he would just ask me out already. "Huh?"

Nathaniel laughs. "I've been saying your name over and over, Marinette." He scratches the back of his neck. "I was wondering if you wanted to get some food before we go."

"Oh. No, I actually ate before we left," She tells him. "My mom's always making sure I eat before I leave the house."

"What about some ice cream?"

Marinette nods. "Sure. I can do ice cream." They walk over and buy an ice cream to share. She thinks about when she and Adrien shared an ice cream. Well, tried to share, at least. Her eyes widen and she shakes her head. It's rude of her to think of other people while hanging out with Nathaniel.

"Want a bite?" Nathaniel asks, leaning in.

She starts to feel uncomfortable, but doesn't say anything. Nodding, she opens her mouth and takes a bite. "Wow. That's good." After they finish eating, they throw away their trash and continue walking to the art museum.

***

"Do you think Marinette's going to fall in love with Nathaniel, Plagg?" Adrien asks his kwami as he lays on his bed, staring at the ceiling.

Plagg laughs. "With Mr. Tomato Head? Unlikely." He grabs a piece of cheese, smelling it. "I'm in love with this beauty, though." He swallows it in one bite and Adrien rolls his eyes.

"I know you already told me Marinette likes me, but what if something changes on their date tonight?" He rolls over and screams into his pillow. "I don't want her to fall in love with someone else."

"Didn't Marinette say it wasn't a date, though?" Plagg asks.

"Yeah," He mumbles into the pillow, sighing. "I don't know why I feel like this."

Plagg snickers. "I do..."

Adrien turns his head to find Plagg floating right in front of him. "And what's that?"

"You're jealous!"

"What? Me? No." He shakes his head, climbing off his bed and walks over to the window, looking down. He spots Marinette and Nathaniel sharing ice cream. He offers her a bite. "Okay. Maybe a little."

Plagg grabs another piece of cheese. "It's not like Marinette to bounce from guy to guy, so I still think you've got her heart, Romeo."

Adrien's hands fist in jealousy. "I have to go see her."

"And what? Crash their date?"

"What if Nathaniel turns back into Evillustrator?" He faces Plagg. "Cat Noir should be there to keep her safe."

Plagg rolls his eyes. "What a valid reason."

"Plagg, claws out!"