With the power Ye Gu possessed, no matter where to went to, it was almost impossible for anyone to detect his presence. The might of the Commander in Chief of the Night Regime, was second only to the Dark Emperor, and not to mention this was merely the Pure Grace Palace, even if he went to the Flame Demons Palace Lord's bedroom to eavesdrop, there would still be nobody who would be able to detect his presence.

Hence, for spying tasks such as this, it was most suitable that it was handed over to Ye Gu.

Jun Wu Xie supported her chin in her palm and her eyes were clear when she asked: "Unhappy? It is only natural that they would find no joy in this. The Pure Grace Palace stands at the bottom rungs among the Twelve Palaces and though it the Palace Lord's birthday and they have received quite a number of gifts, but everywhere the eye sees, the place is filled with the elites of the younger generation from the other palaces. Thinking back to the disciple they had recently lost, how could they possibly feel any joy?"

Chapter 1672: "Seemingly Met Before (4)"

Though termed as a birthday banquet, it became an event where the Twelve Palaces showed off their might, where it became a shrunk replica of their hierarchy of power. The Pure Grace Palace had not been able to net themselves many talents possessing much gift in the last Battle of Deities Grand Meet, and they had also lost a disciple when the disciples were on their way back from the Cloudy Brook Academy. Seeing the other palaces sending so many young and highly promising youths here to attend the birthday banquet.....

Instead of saying they came here to deliver well wishes, it might rather be said they came here to infuriate the Pure Grace Palace further.

The fact that the Pure Grace Palace Lord and the Elders had not thrown everyone out with their faces grim was already the greatest show of magnaminty.

Moreover, among the attendees of this birthday banquet, there was also Fei Yan whom the Pure Grace Palace had a grudge with.

Without even needing to think, it was clear to see that the Pure Grace Palace would be highly aggrieved.

"Even though that's the case, when does Young Miss intends to strike?" Ye Sha asked.

Jun Wu Xie shook her head slowly.

"No rush. There's still ten days. We have lots of time to play with them slowly."

Ye Sha did not question anymore and silently disappeared from the room.

.....

In the evening, the Pure Grace Palace held a banquet for all the well wishers who had come. The youths who had been wearied from their journeys after having rested for an afternoon came in more jovial and with more colour on their faces.

Because it was just a welcome dinner, the Pure Grace Palace Lord would not attend, but was merely represented by an Elder of the palace.

The banquet was divided at two ends, with the disciples of the Twelve Palaces sitting in the front rows and the further back it went, it meant that the weaker they were in might.

In the Middle Realm, situations where such clear demarcations of the hierarchy of power was highly common, it was a constant reminder to those people of their standing.

Those from the weaker powers, had already been seated within the banquet hall much earlier, to chat with each other as each grasped at any opportunity they could to rope in any talents. Meanwhile, the disciples from the Twelve Palaces came in slowly, clustered in their own groups and not showing any intention to speak much with people from other powers.