"Legoshi," I called. He remained undisturbed, walking as slow as a turtle down the stairs of the dormitories. People rushed past us, excited for breakfast while the two of us slowly got to the end of the long staircase. "Hey, are you okay?" I ask, attempting to grab his attention. Still remained undisturbed. "Hey! Legoshi?" I called again, walking in front of him and turning my head back to look at him. He stared at the floor and seemingly thought to himself. I stopped him by pushing him to a stop and looking up at his face. He still didn't change the direction he was looking at. "Hellooooooooo? Anyone home?" I joked, hoping to get a response from the statue of a wolf. I sighed, allowing him to move forward while I paused to watch his movements. He continued to slouch and trudge on the flights of stairs. I gave up on trying to get him to talk, but I still followed him.

"What took you guys so long?" Durham said, his arms akimbo. We had just walked out of the building and down the steps of the dorms. Legoshi still held his face down, unresponsive and taciturn. I had no idea what was going on in his mind but he seemed way too off to be Legoshi. We continued to walk to the cafeteria just next to the main building of the school and entered into the large canteen already filled with people wolfing their food into their hungry stomachs and chatting with their friends.

"Let's see," Miguno announced, "Today's carnivore breakfast... Bread, scrambled eggs and bean-steak!" The group dropped their jaws in excitement and some had celebrated, everyone but Legoshi with his floppy ears and mindless stare, but I was too focused on the food as I hopped to the line which was serving the food.

At this boarding school, the rules state that all students are required to eat their meals in the cafeteria. Naturally eating meat of any kind at school would be considered a serious crime. As a matter of fact, even outside of school, the shops will never serve meat to anyone. That's why all meals are all balanced with plenty of nutrition, protein and taste in order to satisfy everyone.

"That was close. I was just about to step on one of those small girls over there," Miguno said while placing down a dish of his breakfast which came with a tiny carton of milk. "I seriously need to get some glasses," he says. In the school, small animals such as squirrels were requested to stay along the walls so it would prevent any injury done to any of the students at the cafeteria. Not much of these cases have appeared in the school news but I'm pretty sure it happens often, at any of the schools in the city.

"So, Legoshi, you did say I'd look good in glasses, right? Tell me more about that," Miguno tells Legoshi, the statue who stared at nothing. That was never usually him. He was a kind guy who would speak his mind when he was asked to. He was considered to be a nice wolf, although a lot called him weird at the time. He did seem rather intimidating, but I've been with him since our childhoods. I know him awfully well, and honestly it's what matters.

"You bastard! What's the deal?" someone yelled in the middle of the cafeteria. Immediately everyone looks across the room to the fight that was broken out. "You realize you've been stepping on my tail this whole time, right?"

"I said I was sorry, what more do you want?" another man shouted back.

"But you laugh when you said it like the whole thing was funny, you damn fox!"

"Look at all those lines on your face," the opposing person smiled, "little too much stress?"

Suddenly, the dog bit onto the fox's arm and the whole building yelled. It got vicious, the dog was growling and latched hard onto the fox's arm, although barely any blood got out, and the fox was yelling curses and insults at the dog. Both looked very furious, with the fox yelling louder and the dog still holding onto the arm even when there was an attempt to shake him off. The fox was able to get him off and shove him into the ground, but the dog held back and was about to push the fox away from him. It was getting out of hand.

"Enough!"

A yell silenced the fight. Immediately everyone looked towards the wolf who had paused the fight. It was... Legoshi. The most unexpected person to use such a loud voice and, especially, stop something that was barely his business. He was flustered and caught his mouth, showing his embarrassment to the whole school.

"What the heck is up with you Legoshi?" I whisper to him, "Seriously."

The fox gets up and arrogantly talks to the provoker, "Who do you think you're yelling at? Did you think you'd beat me just because you're bigger?"

"No way!" the wolf denied, shaking his head and then quickly said, "You've got it all wrong."

"Oh, I've got it all wrong, huh? Give me your neck, I'll bite into it nice and gently," the fox said. Legoshi seemed defenseless and trembled. He straightened his back after a few seconds, still having his jaw open and remained to seem scared. His ears twitched to the sound of a voice, making him turn to see who was behind him.

"Oh, come on! Being a carnivore isn't so easy either," someone said. Their voice immediately attracted every girl's attention and some yelled some comments about how hot he is or how much they loved him. His footsteps were still loud enough that you'd hear him from across the room while he walked up to the two. "They're not lucky enough to have both personality and fighting strength."

"Well, well. If it isn't Louis himself. The superstar rich kid," the fox groans.

"Exposing your fangs in public is considered bad manners," the deer says lightly. It was Louis, a deer who was beloved by most students in the school. He was the only one who would wear the school blazer to make himself look more formal. He stood tall while conducting the fighters. He was known everywhere throughout the school.

"You're in a bit of a tough spot yourself," the fox chuckles, "If you really want the title of the next Beastar, you need to work on getting popularity."

Beastar! Every animal knows that title. The one with the status of hero who's shoulders unite the whole school and looks beyond the discrimination and fears of the world.

"Have you ever thought about the actual reason why we need the Beastar in our world?" Louis beamed, "Instead of me, just worry about yourself." Louis had stood tall while the crowd starts to chant curses to the fox who was looking around him in embarrassment and shock.

"Hey, c'mon, let's go," the initiator of the fight pleaded to their opponent.

The fox growled, "Impressive, you spin everything so you come out on top!" His arm then quickly was grabbed by the slender painted dog who had tugged him by his arm.

"That's enough, let's go!"

Lunch continued as per normal. Legoshi looked way better after what had happened and started to talk more. I couldn't tell what went on his mind throughout the morning because, well, he stopped a fight. He would never do that. Not even the other canines in 701 would do it. It got me worried about Legoshi and what he's heading for. Maybe he's just going through a normal teenage mood swing, maybe it's something more serious. Even though I knew him for a long while, I couldn't read his mind this time.