Part 27

RECAP: Preeta revealed the entire truth about her pregnancy and and delivery; how Prithvi hired someone to kill her child but unfortunately Rishvani's daughter is the one who died. Later on, Karan and Preeta had a serious discussion where Karan told her that he can't forgive her and left her crying in the hospital.

"Veer! Are you ready?" Preeta shouted to her son.

Veer comes to her room all dress up and looking handsome. Preeta whistled at him while Veer got red.

One week passed since that eventful day. Preeta got discharged the following day but she was ordered bed rest for some more days.

KV had started living in Arora House and loved his nani, par-dadi and jankhi nani very much. The older women also loved him very much. They never missed a chance to spoil him.

"My baby is looking so handsome. Whose heart are you planning to steal?" Preeta teased.

"Dadda ! Mumma, dadda will not leave us again? Will he be happy to see us? " Preeta's smile vanished.

True to his words, Karan didn't come to see her in this one week. The rest of the Luthras got to know the truth about KV. They were upset at her but later understood her situation when Rakhi told them the exact details.

Preeta knew that Karan was there at the hospital when she got discharged. She had felt his presence. He had been hiding behind a tree and watched her secretly but didn't come to meet her.

Preeta kneeled in front of her and kissed his hands, holding them in hers. She looked at her son, who days by days, was resembling his father more.

"No, your dadda won't leave you anymore. Now he will always stay with his Veer and he is so excited to meet you. Now we don't want him to wait, right? So go and put on your shoes." KV nodded vigorously and ran downstairs.

Preeta looked at herself a last time in the mirror and sighed. She won't lie; she was very nervous and scared.

Today was the D-day; KV would officially meet his father and the rest of his family. Luthra had arranged a dinner and have invited Rishi and Shivani also. 

Preeta was yet to tell KV that his father was no other than Karan, his idol. To be honest, she was a bit scared of his reaction. He was just a kid, maybe he would take it well but still she can't help but feel nervous.

Preeta put on her shoes and went downstairs to join her mother and KV. Her dadi was not feeling well so Jankhi decided to take care of her.

"Ready to go?" Preeta asked. Sarla and KV nodded.

Bidding their goodbyes, Preeta sat in the driver seat while Sarla and KV settled in the backseat. Only KV's voice was heard all long the ride. Preeta tried to reply him but her mind was preoccupied.

Reaching the Luthra's parking lot, Preeta killed off the engine. KV looked around and furrowed his brows. The trio got down the car and stood outside.

"I'm going inside. I will call Karan then. Good luck." Sarla whispered to Preeta.

Preeta gave her mother a faint smile and nodded. Sarla left from there. Preeta looked at KV who was still confused.

"Mumma, why are we at TKL's house. You told me we were going to meet dadda." Preeta took a deep breath and bend on her knees.

"Mumma has hidden something from you for your own good. You know Mumma care for you right?" KV nodded.

"Mumma and TKL have been friends since many years, best friends. He has always been there for me. He is the best person ever and I am so proud of him." Preeta teared up a bit.