Part 6

In Preeta's Hotel Room

"Yes ma'am. I will reach in 15 minutes." Preeta said on the phone, putting on her shoes. She cut the call and looked at the time.

It was eight in the morning. Preeta needed to be at her workplace at eight-thirty. It was her first day and she was nervous.

Preeta was working as physiotherapist in one of the reputated London Hospital. Some months back, she got an offer to transfer to the Mumbai branch since they were in need of one. She refused.

But with the new problem that had rised in her life and the solution is found in India, she accepted the offer. Thankfully, it was still available. Her boss in London wanted her to go to India because he knew that she was Indian and she was very good in her work. That's why he didn't give the offer to another person since he knew the best person for that was Preeta.

Preeta locked the door of her room and left the hotel. She really need to rent out an apartment. Since she didn't exactly know for how many months she would be here, she couldn't spend the rest of her life in an hotel room. She decided to settle first in her old environment before searching for a place to live.

She booked a taxi and gave him the address of the hospital. She reached there at eight-fifteen. She paid the driver and went inside the hospital. She was amazed by the interior decor and was feeling very lucky to work here.

She went to the receptionist and said, "Hello! I'm Dr Preeta. I'm here to meet Dr Agra, senior physiotherapist of this hospital."

"One minute ma'am." The receptionist made some calls while Preeta looked around, examining precisely the hospital.

The hospital was nearly the same as the one in London since they are under the same company. But this one has more an Indian touch and Preeta couldn't help but feel proud. After all she is Indian despite living in London for five years.

"Excuse ma'am. Dr Agra is ready to meet you. She is on the second floor. When you get out of the elevator, go straight and turn on the first right. Her cabin will be the first." Preeta thanked the receptionist and went to the elevator.

Following the receptionist's instructions, she turned right to find another large corridor and Dr Arya's cabin was the first on the left. Preeta knocked the door and entered after hearing a small yes from inside.

"You must be Dr Preeta. Please have a seat." Dr Arya said, standing up. Both of them shook hand and sat down with Preeta in front of her.

"Welcome Dr Preeta. It's a pleasure to be working with you. Your boss from London send me your resume and I must say I'm very impressed. I'm happy you accept the job here." Preeta smiled at her and thanked her.

"Actually, our old physiotherapist got into a grave accident and we have very few physiotherapists, the majority are still interns. We send some request to the other branch and the London one send us yours since you're Indian."

"Dr Preeta I don't want to stress you out but there is one case which is very important. Actually the patient's family is one of the trustee of this hospital. You can understand the huge responsibility that we have. I want you to do your best for this patient. You will need to go to their house the morning before coming to the hospital as her personal physiotherapist. Just for today, she will come here so that you can communicate and examine her but as from next week, you will do her treatment at her house. She is an elderly person and travelling at this age is not suitable. I hope you understand."

"Yes ma'am, I completely understand. It isn't a problem. We are doctors and it's our duty to help people. I will do my best to treat her and I won't let our hospital down. It's a question of our reputation."