Part 5

Luthra House

Someone opened the door of Karan's room slowly and tiptoed inside. The person opened the curtains, letting the rays of sun inside the room. Unfortunately for our Karan, the sunlight hit directly into his eyes, disturbing his peaceful sleep. He opened his eyes to see a figure opening the windows to let fresh air in. Karan groaned and turned on the other side, hiding his face under a pillow.

"Karan, get up. It's already nine," The person said with a sweet voice.

"Ananya bhabhi, let me sleep please. It's still early for me," Karan groaned cutely.

The person is revealed to be Ananya Luthra, the eldest daughter-in-law of the Luthra family and Rishabh's wife. Unlike typical daughter-in-laws, she was wearing a blouse and work-pants together with a coat, projecting the image of a big businesswoman and that what she is. But she didn't forget her duties towards her family that's why she was here in the room of her brother-in-law trying to wake him up for breakfast she made that morning.

"No. Get up and go freshen up. I make breakfast today and if you don't hurry up, Sameer will eat your part also." Ananya lied. Her youngest brother-in-law already ate and left for work but he didn't need to know that.

Karan woke up abruptly but sat down when a massive headache hit him. He forgot that yesterday he drank a little too much and he was feeling hangover. Ananya rushed to him worriedly.

"Karan? Are you okay? Do you want me to massage your head if it is paining?" Ananya asked seeing him holding his head.

"No bhabhi. Don't worry, I'm fine. I will take some pills for the headache. I will go and freshen up. Excuse me," Karan got up and went in the bathroom.

Ananya sighed at his brother-in-law. She wasn't blind; she knew that he was drunk last night. She had seen Sameer bringing him up to his room last night while he was unconscious. She didn't know the reason why he drank so much each year that day but she felt that this must relate to her younger sister, his best-friend, Preeta Arora.

Ananya shook her head. She doesn't have a sister, she is dead for her. She died the day she decided to leave her mother and her without telling anything. Five years and they didn't even receive a phone call from her. They didn't know in which condition she is or if she is alive. She won't forgive her for breaking her heart and that of their mother. Because of her, their mother fell sick and nearly suffered a heart attack. Since that day, she promised herself to not think of her, to forget that she ever had a sister. She even requested the members of her family to never bring up Preeta in any converstions, to forget that there was ever a girl named Preeta Arora once in their lives for her, her mother and mainly for Karan's sake.

"Bhabhi? You didn't have to wait for me. I can go down by myself," teased Karan after he left the bathroom. Ananya didn't realise that he has finished. She hit him once she registered his words.

"Badmaash, let's go downstairs. I will serve you your breakfast, then I will go to office." They both descended the stairs, talking and laughing together. Karan sat in the diing room and Ananya gave him his breakfast.

"Before I forget, can you watch over Arhaan for me please? And can you bring Dadi and Mom to the hospital later. They have an appointment with a new physiotherapist. Dr Agra recommended us this doctor. He is sure that this doctor can treat dadi. Bring Arhaan with you, if he ever get bored at the hospital then you can go for a ride until they finished, okay?"

"Okay bhabhi. No problem. I don't have practice also today. There isn't school for Arhaan today?"

"No, there is the annual headmaster teachers meeting. Thank you so much Karan. I would have bring them to the hospital but I have an important meeting and Sameer went shopping with Shristi for their engagement this weekend."