36. The Sacrifice Ceremony

Start from the beginning

Wei Chang Feng laughed and said, “The movie is staring soon, just take plenty rest and prepare yourself for some hard work, Director Chen is a tough director.”

Qi Le An nodded.

The two had to go back after a few minutes in case people would notice. Director Chen asked Wei Chang Feng as soon as he came back, “What took you so long, I was about to call you, shall we leave soon?”

Qi Le An noticed Chen Shan’s stare, but he averted his face with guilt.

Soon Director Chen and Chen Shan left, the manager hastened back to Glory as well. Qi Le An expected Chen Shan would ask him a few questions about Wei Chang Feng, but Chen Shan didn’t bother him with even one question.

The entertainment reporters were busy with their coverage about Director Chen’s new movie Better Days while everyone else was excited about the National Day holidays (from Oct. 1st - Oct.7th).

It was such an amazing crew, the director’s previous works were deemed as masterpieces with no exception, both the male lead and the female lead were renowned at home and abroad.

The cooperation between Director Chen and Wei Chang Feng was such a revelry for the movie critics, they were so excited to see the sparks between the best director and the best actor. This was Wei Chang Feng’s second movie after he finished his study abroad, people expected more surprises from him.

The story took place in Guang City, a young and vibrant city in South China. it was such a great day on the sacrifice ceremony, everyone said it was such a good omen.

Glory sent their VP to attend the ceremony, and Sheng Chang An from China Entertainment had attended the ceremony in person for Sheng Chang An was the producer of the movie.

Everyone gasped on seeing Sheng Chang An and Wei Chang Feng getting off the limo together, they all wondered why they were so close.

Director Chen who was talking to the VP from Glory turned around and greeted Sheng Chang An on seeing him, the VP took it pretty well, he was counting on this opportunity to leave a good impression on Director Chen and hopefully Director Chen would cooperate more with young artists from Glory.

Director Chen hosted the ceremony shortly after he and Sheng Chang An greeted each other, the whole crew offered incense to Buddha and said their prayers for the movie.

Sheng Chang An had invited the investors, Director Chen, Wei Chang Feng the Male Lead and Ya Ting the Female Lead to a lunch after the sacrifice ceremony. Our starlet Qi Le An wasn’t invited, so Chen Shan took him to the hotel to check in.

Luckily, Qi Le An got a single room for himself this time, Chen Shan booked a single room for himself at the end of the hallway. But what surprised Qi Le An was Wei Chang Feng’s room was right next to his.

Qi Le An didn’t have any shooting schedule for the following two days, but he asked the crew member whether he could watch them shooting in the afternoon, the crew member told him that he would call him before the shuttle bus left around 2 p.m.

Qi Le An and Chen Shan went back to their rooms after they grabbed a bite in the restaurant, the two were exhausted from the red-eye flight.

Qi Le An checked the time, it was 11 a.m, he still had time to take a nap and check the system. He put a hair of his own under the pillow and closed his eyes.

“Beep, welcome to the Nightmare System.”

Qi Le An shook his head resignedly on seeing the light globe dangling back and forth around him, “Can you please quit dangling, you are making me dizzy!”

The light globe halted and said, “Fine, have you brought me food?”

The light globe meant ‘negative energy’ by ‘food’.

“Nope”, replied Qi Le An, “I have been enjoying my life recently.”

The light globe started to dangle again, “I’ll have to feed on you if you can’t find me food.”

The system’s appetite had been enhanced greatly since the upgrade, Qi Le An had been fabricating some mild bad dreams for some innocent people, but the system was not happy about that.

“All right, I will feed you soon.”

Qi Le An’s alarm went off after he appeased the system, he opened his eyes and washed his face to wake up more.

Unlike most directors who shoot scenes based on locations, Director Chen would shoot Better Days in strict accordance with the timeline.

Qi Le An would appear on the tenth scene, while Wei Chang Feng would basically appear from scene one to the very end.

The first few scenes took place in a small fishing village, in the spirit of ‘proper preparations should be made in advance’, the crew members had finished the setting in a village about two weeks ago.

Qi Le An waited by the hotel gate for the shuttle while Chen Shan was still napping in his room, having no idea that his artist had gone.

Wei Chang Feng who was sitting in his RV saw Qi Le An, he called Qi Le An and invited Qi Le An to his RV for he was going to the set as well.

“Thank you so much, Wei Sama.” with that Qi Le An walked into the RV.

“An, hi, have you eaten?”

Qi Le An nodded and started to admire the RV, this RV had got everything inside, it was literally a motor home.

“Here, Honey Lemonade, I made this by myself.” Wei Chang Feng poured Qi Le An a glass of drink.

Qi Le An took the glass with a big smile, Wei Chang Feng gave him an autographed photo outside of his RV a few months ago, and now he was having a drink inside of this RV!

They had arrived at the village in about thirty minutes, Wei Chang Feng apologized to Qi Le An that he wouldn’t be able to talk much for he needed to get into the character in advance.

Gary knocked on the door not long after they had arrived, “Wei Ge, time to get your make done.”

“An, are you coming with me?”

“I want to look around first.”

“Are you a good swimmer? Just watch out when you are on the beach.” Wei Chang Feng smiled.

It was such a great day, a lot of villagers were excited about the crew members’ arrival, they stood afar and kept staring at the crew members and the cameras.

The beach Director Chen had selected was unexploited for commercial use, everything looked so raw and so real. Director Chen was talking with the camera department about how he wanted the scenery shots to be done.

Wei Chang Feng finished his makeup in about twenty minutes, it took Qi Le An a solid second to recognize his Wei Sama.

Wei Chang Feng was twenty two years old, he had the perfect elegant gentleman look. But now Wei Chang Feng looked like a whole different person!