Rags: I see, things are fine. Thanks for asking.

Hibiki: Rags, if you've got something to tell me then tell me. I don't want to not be able to speak to my partner.

Rags: Alright, I'll say it. I don't know if I can trust you not to use that spell. During our duel against Go Onizuka, I know you were considering it when you chose to summon a link 4. If you had summoned Zeroboros instead of Bomber Dragon you could have had a monster in the main monster zone and I could feel the card was still in your deck.

Hibiki went quiet, looking down.

Rags: I just need to know I can be sure you won't. Because I know you're curious, and an opportunist.

Hibiki: Rags, thanks for telling me that. I know you have a point, so here, I'm giving you this.

Hibiki turned on the disc and shuffled through the virtual cards until he reached World Legacy's Wrath, his own link spell. Carefully, Hibiki gave the hologram to Rags and nodded.

Hibiki: Take the data. If it helps you, then you keep hold of it for me so I can't use it.

Rags: Partner I... Why?

Hibiki: Because, I want you to trust me.

Rags nodded and took the card slowly, the rectangle vanishing into the ignis.

Rags: We have a big battle coming up don't we?

Hibiki: Yeah. Bohman definitely is quite the foe if Haru was a handful.

Aqua: But together, we stand a chance.

Hibiki looked over to the sofa, where Aoi's disc was stationed with the water ignis inside.

Aqua: And once we meet up with the other three ignis that support our objectives, we can be nearly assured of victory.

Hibiki: Yeah. Wherever the earth ignis is.

Aqua: I have located him. Have a look.

A hologram of a site flashed dup before Hibiki.

Rags: Hmm, I'm not seeing it.

Hibiki: It's a word search, you highlight the various words shown below.

Aqua: And when we rearrange the remaining letters.

Hibiki: We get an vrains id.

Rags: Oh! It's like hiding in plain sight!

Hibiki: No, that's still way too obvious. Once we look at the site's code you can see the ignis' coded message.

Rags: Wait, did you know about this site beforehand?

Hibiki: Maybe. I was going to go looking for him but Aqua found us first. Although he wants to face playmaker, I doubt he'd mind if we crashed the party.

Aqua: We must go quickly. And without waking Aoi, having limited numbers will serve to our advantage.

Hibiki: No. I promised her no more secrets, and we need someone in the outside in case things so sideways.

Rags: Hibiki, I think Aqua has a point. If we can decode the message, what's to say the Hanoi already haven't? Or SOL tech's bounty hunters?

Hibiki: Look, if you want to call up that other user you entered with to duel me, then go with them. I'm not going without Aoi. Just tell them I'll be watching so not to get any ideas.

Rags: Hibiki I... I made that avatar when trying to create a body for you after you got deleted. But his body wasn't capable of taking your consciousness, so I put him in my mental storage.

Hibiki: You did? Rags, I'm sorry for thinking you were working with someone else, I'd have deserved it, but my viewpoint hasn't changed.

Rags: Very well. We shall make contact with Earth. Though if we need help, please log in.

Hibiki: I promise. Just get back with him quickly okay?

Aqua: Thank you Hibiki, I appreciate your help and concern for Aoi. Miyu was rather worried about her.

Hibiki: Well, until she wakes up, I'll make sure Aoi is in top condition to meet her friend.

Rags: And if I learned one thing, Hibiki keeps his promises once he's made them.

Hibiki smiled and shrugged.

Hibiki: Yeah, and I kinda want to meet Miyu too. I swore I'd try help all the victims of the lost incident. And Miyu and Jin still need my help.

Rags nodded his head and looked towards Aqua, who returned the gesture.

Hibiki: Oh, one thing Rags before you leave.

Hibiki picked up his duel disc and whispered to his ignis.

Hibiki (whispered): Save the flower until after okay? I'll help you set everything out up here.

Rags blushed, though Aqua didn't see.

Hibiki: Well, good luck you two. In going to get Aoi so I will return in a few minutes. Don't go after the signal until I return.

Aqua: We won't.

The ignis sunk into the discs and Hibiki walked back to Aoi's room, Akira was out late at work so he carefully opened it.

Aoi: Your talk with Rags go well?

Hibiki: You were eavesdropping.

Aoi: Yeah. It's really sweet what you said, about not leaving me.

Hibiki: I have a promise to keep after all. Now, you ready to be backup?

Aoi: Sure.

A/N: A shorter chapter this time, and mostly filler before meeting earth because I didn't want to speed the story along that quickly with what happens to our favourite blocky Ignis. (my fav anyway) BTW, this chapter takes place around a day or two before Playmaker and Shoichi decode the message.