“Should we go outside?” Devon asked me and Taylor.

I looked at him and said, “They will be out in any minute. We should wait for them.” I sighed as I rested my body back on the chair.

“What exactly are we doing here? This house is like over the years that even my grandmother was born in this type of style.” Devon complained to the old, scrappy house. He wasn’t wrong, this house is almost a century old, with dirty carpet and an antique wall clock hung on almost faded wallpaper. It’s roughly smelly out here and this chair would have collapsed if I stood up from it.

“Did you even smell that? It stinks!” Taylor announced as I covered my nose when I already scented it. “Is that you?!” Taylor asked Devon.

“Not me bro, I’m just keeping myself steady and away from these cabinets.” He replied.  

I stood up from my seat and like I said the single couch was already terminated. “What happened?” I heard a couple of stomps coming to the living room, as Justine asked me when she and the detective arrived.

“Did something happen to you? Are you hurt?” Justine asked me a series of concerned questions as she inspected my whole self.

“I’m alright, hon. It’s just the chair, and I’m sorry for it, Detective. I can pay it up.” I insisted to the police officer.

“No need to do that, Mrs. Cruz. It’s already old as well as this house. Most of the time Justine and I broke almost all of this furniture.” She dodge it as Justine and she laughed because of what she said.

“You broke more of it.” Justine teased the Detective.

And I got annoyed by their interactions. I remembered that they were fighting 15 minutes ago. “You’re the one who’s heavier between us, and may I remind you, you’re very naughty when you sleep.” Did Detective Gonzales flirt with my wife?! In front of me?

I gripped harshly Justine’s hand as she laughed nervously at the stupid officer. She winced when my nails were shoveled deeper into her skin. “She means I move more often while I sleep, okay.” She whispered, trying to remove my hands from her.

“Can we go now to the real business, Ms. Gonzales? I need to get home and teach someone who’s misbehaved to her mommy.” I announced it to everyone and I saw how Justine got frantic about it. That’s right, know your own mistakes, wife.

___________________________________________

“Chandler Pierce was found dead last night.” 

The news announced the death of the COO of Cruz Corp. last night at the abandoned warehouse. That’s all they reported to the public, without further information from it. Justine embraced me, knowing I was about to lose control of standing in front of the television. Now I know why he’s not answering me, cause’ he’s already dead.

“Who did this?” My wife asked firmly.

“It was Gina.” All of us were appalled by the detective’s information.

“How? I mean how come Pierce was there in that shitty place and meeting up with Gina?” Justine asked again.

“We found a series and strong proof that Ms. Scotts and Mr. Pierce were accomplices and was helping each other on killing Mrs. Emma Cruz.” No. It can’t be. Chandler was friendly to me over a month ago. 

“We also found evidence to open the case for Ms. Ginnie Scotts’ case. There’s a CCTV video that shows how her twin sister killed, Ms. Ginnie Scotts. I’m sorry for the dreadful news, Mrs. and Mrs. Cruz.” Detective Gonzales lowered her head as she apologized to us.