Depression

It had been 2 years since the battle of Hogwarts and Harper Potter currently held a job at the Weasley Wizard Wheezes because as the main investor George insisted that he be able to give her job because of it. After looking around first and after no one would hire her in both the magically world and wizarding world, she took George up on his offer. She would work customer service and the register. George made sure that people didn't harass her because of what had happened during her Hogwarts years, and the fact that she was the "girl-who-lived". 

It was nearly 2 years after the battle of Hogwarts, and a year and a half since Harry started to work at WWW in Diagon Alley, when George finally noticed something was off with her. First it was the dark circles under her eyes, followed by her clothes looking baggier, then she would start to stare off into space and get spooked really easy. Finally he had to ask her what was going on. 

"Harper, can I talk to you in the office please?" George said one day as there were barely any customers in the store. 

"Sure thing George... Did I do something wrong?" Harper responded, following him to his office. 

"No...no... I just wanted to see how you were holding up." 

"I'm fine Georgie... Just a bit tired lately... Why? Is my staring into space bothering people? Do you want me to quit?" 

George was shocked at her response, "What?! No no no no no! That's not the impression I was trying to give you Harry! I just wanted to make sure you were doing okay and nothing was seriously wrong." 

"Oh... okay... Um... I'm fine... Really I'm fine... Um... Can - Can I go back to work now?" 

George gave her a quick look before saying, "Sure... go ahead..." 

With that Harper quickly left the office and returned to stocking the shelves and helping people find things. George made sure to keep an eye on her because she just looked like she was going to collapse. He also made himself promise to floo call Lily and James to see if they knew what was going on with their daughter. 

~~~---~~~

Sure enough George did that after Harper went back to her own apartment she shared with Hermione. He used the floo in his office and called out, "Potter Manor!" 

Sticking his head in the fire, he was greeted by Cherilyn Grace who was now 8 years old and playing in the living room with her 5 year old sister Violet Rose and 3 year old sister Willow Charlotte. "GEORGIE!" 

"Hiya Lyn! Can you go get your mum and dad for me?" 

"Sure thing!" Lyn quickly grabbed Violet's and Willow's hands before running out of the room. 

Not 5 minutes later, Lily and James came into the living room. "Hi George...what can we do for you?" 

"Do you mind if I come threw? I would've asked Lyn but I figured I'd better ask you instead."

"Of course you can come threw!" Lily said with a small smile. As Molly Weasley saw the older Potter children as her own, Lily saw Ron, George and Ginny as her own. 

So George came threw and shook hands with James before Lily pulled him into a hug. He hugged back before they sat down to talk. 

"So what's wrong George? You look worried..." 

"It's Harper...something just seems...off...about her recently." 

"What do you mean?" James demanded, his mind instantly thinking of the worst scenarios. 

"She's lost weight...has dark circles under her eyes...and she keeps staring into space a lot more than normal..."

"James you don't think..." Lily asked, cutting herself off as her mind went back around 5 years ago. 

With a sigh James nodded, "I think it's happening again love..."

George looked between the two of them a bit confused. What on earth were they talking about? Lily noticed the look on his faced and said, "George... we think Harry's fallen into her 'pit of depression' as her therapist called it."

"I should have figured... I mean... with all that she's been through in her short life..." 

"We'll talk to her George..." 

"Okay... I just wanted you to know..."

"Thank you so much George." 

"Any time...and anything for my little sister." 

~~~~----~~~~

Lily and James asked Harper if she was okay and she said she was. They were going to do more for her when they found out Lily was once again pregnant, and their lives got very busy with homeschooling their 3 youngest, and work. Harper pushed her feelings to the side and did her best to try to overcome her depression on her own. That however made the pit a little deeper instead of making it smaller.

Finally one day when Lily was nearly 7 months pregnant, Harper returned to Potter Manor. After eating dinner she pulled Lily and James to his office and said, "Mum..Dad...I don't know how to say this... but...but I - I...." 

"What dear?" Lily asked, sitting down. 

"I need help... "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SUCCESS! TWICE IN ONE DAY I HAVE UPDATED! WOOHOO!

Anyway yes this is a cliffhanger... The next two chapters should be up soon depending on how much homework I get in the coming days...

God's blessings, 

Mew