35. A Warning Sent By The System

Start from the beginning

‘She is no little sister material, stay away of her! If my memory from my last life serves me right, she ends up hurting you badly!’ Qi Le An screamed in his heart!

Chen Shan kept them at arm's length after a simple greeting, the good thing was Hu Bin and the girl said goodbye to Qi Le An pretty quick.

“Are you close to him?” Chen Shan asked after he saw them left.

“He was very nice to me on set when we shot To Perish Demons.

Chen Shan nodded his head, he was glad to hear that, because sometimes what you read from the news wasn’t reliable.

Chen Shan drove Qi Le An back to his apartment and he asked Qi Le An to make room for his new outfits. He couldn’t help but shake his head when he saw what was in the closet.

“Chen Ge, don’t be like this, you know I’m a poor boy.”

“All right, all right, I will grab a bag and donate them somewhere, how about that?” Chen Shan pressed his forehead.

“Thank you, Chen Ge, hehe.” 

“I need to leave soon, don’t be late tomorrow, you are signing the contract tomorrow, big day!” Chen Shan patted Qi Le An on his shoulder.

“Don’t worry, I won’t. Thank you for today, Chen Ge.” Qi Le An smiled.

Qi Le An showered and went to bed early after Chen Shan left. But he woke up with a start from a nightmare.

Qi Le An was walking on the street near Glory, he knew that street so well that he could even walk on it with his eyes closed, but the strange thing was he felt so terrified walking on the street as he had never been there before.

“An!”

Qi Le An turned his head on hearing a woman calling him with a gentle voice.

He exclaimed on seeing the woman who was smiling at him with tenderness and love exuding from her eyes.

“Mom... Mom, is that you?” Qi Le An murmured with disbelief, it had been so long since he said the word ‘mom’.

The woman’s smile got bigger, revealing a dimple on her cheek, which made her look even more like Qi Le An.

Qi Le An somehow knew this was a dream, so he closed his eyes tighter in case he would wake up. He reached out his arms and stumbled to his mom, but he screamed the next second, “Mom! Watch out!”

A car raced along the street suddenly ran Qi Le An’s over, the ‘bang’ noise of metal hitting human flesh kept resounding and blowing up and resounding in Qi Le An’s ears.

The woman fell on the ground like a ragged doll, but there was still a lingering smile on her face.

Qi Le An woke up with a start.

He couldn’t breathe or move like he was drowning in the deep ocean. He opened his eyes and mouth wide, panting for breath. Fear seized him!

This was a nightmare. But why was he having a nightmare?

Ah! It was the system! This was the system sending him a reminder that he hadn’t been feeding it!

Qi Le An stayed wide awake the whole night, the scene where his mother was run over by a car kept flashing over and over in his mind. He got out of bed with great effort when he heard the alarm.

Qi Le An went to shower directly, he was ice-cold, he hoped a hot shower could warm him up and calm him. And he just sat on his sofa in a trance after the shower until he heard his phone rang.

‘It must be Chen Shan, I will call his back later,’ thought Qi Le An. He didn’t even have the energy to answer the phone, so he decided to leave it ringing.

But the phone kept ringing like crazy, and it was still early, ‘maybe it’s not Chen Ge?’

With that in mind, he checked the phone, it was Wei Chang Feng.

It was eight o’clock in the morning, Qi Le An was so surprised that Wei Chang Feng was calling him like crazy.

Qi Le An pressed the button like a robot.

“An? How are you?” Wei Chang Feng’s voice had dragged Qi Le An back to reality.

“Wei Sama?”

“An?”

“Wei Sama, I’m fine, it’s just I had a nightmare... ...”. Qi Le An sounded so feeble.

Wei Chang Feng heaved a sigh of relief, “I had a nightmare too, so I called to check on you, I was worried sick that it took you so long to pick up the phone.” Wei Chang Feng paused for a second, “An, everything is fine, I’m here for you.”

Tears brimmed in Qi Le An’s eyes.

“An? Are you all right? Just be honest with me.” Wei Chang Feng asked again, “Why aren’t you talking to me?”

“Yes... I... I am fine... ...”, even Qi Le An had noticed how feeble he sounded.

“Have you had breakfast?” Wei Chang Feng’s voice sounded so soothing.

Qi Le An shook his head subconsciously, “Not yet.”

“I know you are signing your contract today, how great is that! Why not treat yourself to a nice breakfast before you go to Glory?”

“Yeah, it is today. Are you coming, Wei Sama?” Qi Le An blurted it out.

Wei Chang Feng chuckled and it wasn’t until then did Qi Le An realize that he had said something silly.

“Do you want me to come?”

“I do.”

“See you later then.” Wei Chang Feng reassured Qi Le An.

Knock knock and there came Chen Shan’s voice from the door, “Qi Le An, kiddo, get the door, are you still sleeping?”

Even Wei Chang Feng had heard Chen Shan’s knock, he laughed and said, “An, I better say bye for now, go get the door, bye.”

Qi Le An nodded even though Wei Chang Feng couldn’t see that from the other side of the phone.

Qi Le An hurried to the door and opened it for Chen Shan with an apologetic smile.

“You ARE awake, why didn’t you answer your phone?” 

“Sorry I was in the bathroom before,” replied Qi Le An.

Chen Shan opened the curtain and asked Qi Le An, “An, are you all right? You look so pale.”

“I’m fine, Chen Ge, just a bit nervous about today.” with that Qi Le An took his phone from the table and put it in his pocket like he was trying to hide the fact that he was talking to Wei Chang Feng.

Chen Shan didn’t notice that, he just said, “I understand this is all very exciting, but it’s all right An. Would you like to get ready now?”

“Gary, I will go to Glory today, Qi Le An is signing the contract with Director Chen today.” Wei Chang Feng told Gary after he hung up.

Gary’s face stiffened for a second, “Wei Ge, are you sure about that?”

“Yeah, it’s fine.” Wei Chang Feng stroked his hair.

Gary nodded and called Director Chen’s assistant about this.

Wei Chang Feng stared at his phone and heaved a sigh.

He had a nightmare last night, it was about Qi Le An’s car accident in Qi Le An’s last life, everything felt so real, from how Qi Le An died in the hospital and how he saw Qi Le An’s body... ...

Wei Chang Feng pressed his forehead, ‘What does that forebode?’

“Wei Ge, it’s done, I just called Director Chen’s assistant.” Gary’s voice had dragged Wei Chang Feng back to reality.

Wei Chang Feng smiled at Gary like the perfect gentleman he had always been, “Thanks, Gary.”