He was needed in most crime scenes for he was the best analyst one could ever put their hands at. Nights spent in enquiries, mornings spent in running around from place to place and when he was to rest, he could only lay down for a couple of hours. His passion dried out as the time went on. The want of going back to his family crawled back in him and now all that he wanted was to spend time with his family before he continued with his life.

"Kya masla hai?" Adil cawed at him, feeling the vibes.

"Hain to bhot, tu ne kya sunna hai?" Fayd faked a scoff as he sat on both his knees to drink water.

"Come to work. Daily."

Adil tried to talk his way into convincing him to come back to work. Everything would be destroyed and distorted if Fayd left on one Wednesday evening.

"I don't want to." He replied– the precision in his tone was knowing, loud and clear. Two years ago, he stopped because of Adil but this time he was not going to listen to anyone.

Heaving out a sigh of conclusion, he stood up on his feet and left the gym. Adil was dumbfounded and didn't know how to react to his sudden cold side so he did what he did best. He trailed behind Fayd to his room.

Being five years younger to Fayd, Adil had always found a brother and friend in him that made him forget about everything else. Fayd was his mentor when he dropped out of college to pursue the career of his dream. He wanted to be a singer but fate didn't allow him to make a living out of singing and ended up as an investigator.

"Why are you tailing me now?"

"I need your help. Help me this once and I promise I won't bother you ever again, I won't even come to the airport to see you off. Adil never goes back on his words."

Fayd felt bad at the mention of the airport. No matter how badly he wanted to leave all that behind but Adil was not one of them. Adil had been the first person to trust him when everyone was reluctant to have a man who was brought up in America. They doubted his ethical standards and religious morals. They almost thought that a Pakistani- American could never serve his home country and that his habits from back home would never change.

"Fine." With that, he stormed inside the room, closing the door on Adil's face for pissing off so early in the morning.

"I'm finally going back home." He spoke to no one as he couldn't believe it himself.

He had home back in the United States, he had a dotting family. The family he hadn't met in twelve years. Many things happened meanwhile. His grandparents passed away, his sister got engaged, his older brother had a son but Fayd turned out to be the son of the house who was never around for anything. He was the son who threw it all away only to have something that he remorsed years later. Yet his family got ready to welcome him back with open arms.

He looked around at the place that housed him for a decade– that kept him safe during stormy nights and hid him during his mental breakdowns. The place that gradually grew on him and the place that became his home when he longed for one. The walls had turned cold because of the weather and he could feel it on his skin. It felt so unrealistic as to how everything started and ended before he could even realize.

Fayd came down tieing the straps of his wrist watch together and smoothening his midnight blue tucked in shirt when, "I thought you locked yourself in." He was startled by the sudden screech. He turned around to find Adil sitting on the kitchen slab and munching on a bread slice.

"You are still here?" He grumbled, taking out his coffee mug from the cabinet.

"Undoubtedly. And for a man your age, you eat so little." Adil pointed at the short food supplies which were barely enough for two meals.