8

Third person POV
Tw Alcohol

   "So you're telling me the Wilbur that was a dick to you is my friend Wilbur Soot?" Karl asked staring at Everleigh with an odd look. Everleigh bit down on her lip softly and nodded.

  The two had gotten in a bottle of wine that Karl had in his cupboard and suddenly the drunk confessions start to come up.

   "Interesting. Is that why you left early today?" Karl asked taking a swig of wine from the bottle. Everleigh took the bottle from him and pressed it to her lips before nodding.

   "Yeah. It was a little awkward but then we talked." Everleigh said passing the bottle back to her friend. Karl nodded and took a large swig of the wine.

"Oh my god. We should call him!" Karl said happily grabbing his phone. Everleigh being in her drunken state, nodded absently, not really understanding what is going on.

"Wilbur!" Karl called after a few moments. Everleigh grabbed the bottle of wine from the table and smiled brightly at Karl.

"Hey, Karl, what's up? It's like 8 am here. Isn't it like 3 am there?" Wilbur said. His voice was gravely due to the fact he had just woken up.

"E-Everleigh came over and she found my w-wine stash." Karl hiccuped randomly through his sentence making him and Everleigh burst into laughter.

"Everleigh is there?" Wilbur asked slowly. Everleigh waved absently towards the screen though since it wasn't a facetime Wilbur saw nothing.

"H-Hi Wilbur!" Everleigh yelled making Karl groan. He reached over and plucked the bottle from her hands and took a long swig.

"Everleigh and I were talking about you. That's why I called you." Karl giggled out. Wilbur raised his eyebrow at that comment.

"What were you saying?" Wilbur questioned the two drunken people.

"S-She explained how you guys were friends in high school. Then you were a dick to her. That wasn't a nice thing to do Wilbur." Karl scolded and was met with Everleigh saying 'yeah what he said.' Wilbur sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"Yes, I know. That was a while ago though." Wilbur tried to explain but he knew what he was saying would go straight over their heads. They're drunk off their asses anyway. Wilbur doubts they would remember that they had even called him when they woke up in the morning.

"Karl I am tired." Wilbur heard the girl whine. Karl hummed softly.

"We are going to go Wilbur. It was nice talking to you. Stream soon. Bye Bye!" Karl said pressing the red end call button. Wilbur stared at his phone screen for a few more seconds before letting out a chuckle. He shook his head, still chuckling at the conversation he had just experienced.

With one last laugh, he shut off his phone and rolled back over in his bed, and shut his eyes.

*******************************************

Everleigh rolled over on what felt like an incredibly hard surface. She let out a loud groan as she peeled her eyes open.

   "Rise and shine sunshine. There's Advil on the table next to you and some water." Karl said before escaping off to the kitchen.

   Everleigh rubbed her head before reaching over and grabbing the medicine off of the table next to her. She downed two pills before taking a large swig of water.

   After she downed the water as well, she stood up off the floor and walked towards the kitchen where she heard Karl singing along to a song.

   "What even happened last night?" Everleigh asked sitting down on a stool. Karl flipped a pancake before turning towards the girl.

   "Well I'd check your phone if I were you." Karl chuckled passing the girl her phone. Everleigh pressed the power button to notice one name in particular. WilburSoot.

WilburSoot:
So I doubt that you remember
what had happened last night but
I just wanted you to know that you did
call me. Well Karl did, but I just thought
you'd like to know.

   "Karl! Did you call Wilbur!" Everleigh scolded and hit her friend on his shoulder. Karl rubbed his neck out of embarrassment.

   "I don't remember much of last night but I do briefly remember calling him." Karl said, his checks tinting a bright shade of red.

Leighlikesfries:
Oh, yeah thanks for telling me.
I didn't say anything too embarrassing
did I?

WilburSoot:
Nothing too bad I'd think. Though
you and Karl did call me a dick for
what I did in high school

Leighlikesfries:
Oh...

WilburSoot:
I'm sorry about that by the way.
I was so dumb in high school. I
didnt mean to hurt you and May.

Leighlikesfries:
It's okay. It's in the past.

Wilbursoot:
But it wasn't okay. We were
best friends and I ruined that.
So for that I will forever be regretful.
That was the worst mistake of my life.

Leighlikesfries:
It's okay Wilbur. I promise.

WilburSoot:
Im still sorry

Leighlikesfries:
It's okay Wilbur. Don't beat
yourself  up for it anymore.
That was  a long time again anyway

WilburSoot:
Is there any way we could be
friends again? You know, since
we share friends now. I don't want
to make things awkward

Leighlikesfries:
I think that could be arranged :)

WilburSoot:
:)

   "What did he say!" Karl exclaimed trying to look over the girls shoulder. Everleigh powered off her phone and smiled innocently towards her friend.

  "Mind your own business and make me food." She joked. Karl dramatically sighed before walking towards the fridge.