THE SOUTHERN PRINCESS

Start from the beginning

At the end her father relented to her mother's wishes, instead arranging a betrothal between Lady Sansa and her cruel brother Joffrey.

She remembered that she was heartbroken, and hadn't talked with her mother from the entire journey from the North to the Capital. Her mother tried to persuade her saying, that Robb Stark isn't worthy of her tears, but to no avail.

Then everything started to get worse as just after a month of returning to the Capital, her world started falling before her eyes. Her father died during a hunting trip, Lord Eddard was arrested for treason and then unjustly executed, her Uncles Stannis and Renly declaring them bastards born of incest and declaring war on them.

It was chaos. She remembered that sweet Lady Sansa was forced to watch her father's execution, then tormented publically everytime Robb wins a battle.

And Robb, gods she remembered how she had cried clutching the doll, which he had gifted to her, everytime she thinks about him.

She was torn between two sides. One side prays for victory for her family while her other side can't help but pray for the boy she had fallen in love with.

She remembered that she had been terrified when she learned that her Grandfather and Uncle Tyrion had arranged a betrothal between between her and Prince Trysten of Dorne, to forge an alliance with House Martell. She had feared that if she goes to Dorne, she will never see Robb again.

But her mother, to her relief, prevented that and instead sent her to Casterly Rock for safe keeping.

Instead she wasn't safe.

When she reached Casterly Rock she heard about the Battle Of Oxcross, also known as the Massacre Of Oxcross, about the fall of Golden Tooth, about her great-uncle Stafford's death, at Robb's hand no less, and about the Northern invasion of The Westerlands.

Within the first two weeks of the invasion, most of the Westerlands had fallen to the Northmen. The refugees fleeing to Lannisport brought news of massacres and atrocities committed by the Northmen.

She was terrified at what might happen to her if Casterly Rock fell, despite uncle Daven's assurance that it will not.

And she was right. It did fell.

During the attack she had shamelessly tried to hide herself from the invaders, fearing for her life, remembering Joffrey's treatment towards Sansa. She was afraid that she will be subjected to the same treatment or worse.

But she was captured and was dragged before their king. On the way she had saw Uncle Devan's headless corpse, which was later tied to a horse and was paraded through the streets of Lannisport, striking fear to the populace of the city.

And then she saw Robb for the first time since her visit to Winterfell, and as she watched she realised there was nothing to the young boy she saw at Winterfell. The Robb Stark she'd remembered had been a hulking youth to be sure, but he had been a bit like a new fawn. She remembered him practicing in the tiltyard with his brother, the broody one with dark brown curls, the way they both always seemed surprise when they made contact with the other. He had been quick to laugh, she remembered, though admittedly less so as her family's visit went on.

There was nothing delicate in the Northern King now though, standing over six feet tall he was battle hardened, and had a strong Soldier's body.

He had watched her with cold blue eyes, giving no sign that he remembered her. She had felt hurt at that and was shaking like leaf in front of him. She had managed to control her emotion just enough to do a clumsy courtesy, welcoming him inside.