Tangled (Pt 2) - Thief

The castle sat atop the hill of Corona. It was so beautiful and high and brilliant and unsuspecting of the current break-in.

(Author's Note: Y'all... I know how much we all love us some Flynn Rider, cuz that man is hilarious, but in this book, YOU'RE gonna be the Rider! Chose a cool fake name and put it here: (F/n). Stands for fake name. NOT first name. Later on, (Y/n), or your name, is where you put your real name in. Anyway, cheerio!)

(F/n) Rider and the Stabbington brothers leaped from building to building atop the castle roof before stopping.

(F/n) stood on the castle edge of the castle and took a deep breath as she looked over the kingdom.

"Wow! I could get used to a view like this."
"Rider! Come on."
(F/n) held her hand up to them.
"Hold on. Wait for it... Yep, I'm used to it. Guys, I want a castle."

The man she called Sideburns stood up with a growl. "We do this job, you can buy your own castle."

He grabbed the girl and dragged her over.
Inside the castle, about eight guards stood around the lost prince's crown, ready to protect it with their lives.

One guard sneezed, and (F/n) just could not help herself.
"Oh, bless you. Coronavirus?"

The guard turned his head to see her leaning
against the stand that the crown was just on.
"Yeah. Thank you..."

He turned back around to the front door, thankful for the nice gesture.
...
Wait a minute.

"Huh?"
He turned back around and saw that (F/n) was now escaping through the roof.
"Wait, what? Hey, wait!!"

"Can't you picture me in a castle of my own?!"
(F/n) laughed asked as she and the Stabbington brothers ran away from the kingdom with much haste.

"I mean, I certainly can! Oh, the things we've seen and it's only eight in the morning! Gentlemen, this is a very big day!"

"This is it. This is a very big day, Pascal!"
Rapunzel laughed as he picked up his pet.
"I'm finally going to do it. I'm going to ask her."

"RAPUNZEL! Let down your hair!" A sweet voice called out to him.

Rapunzel's eyes widened before he scrambled around the room.

"It's time! I know, I know!"
He quickly went over to the bookshelf and set Pascal down.

"Come on, don't let her see you."
The chameleon nodded before changing color.

"Rapunzel, I'm not getting any younger down here."
"Coming, mother." He called out before casting down his seventy feet of hair. Mother Gothel loosely tied it in a large loop and stepped in it.

Then, Rapunzel pulled his hair back up.
"Hi, welcome home, mother."
Mother Gothel hugged her tall son.

"Oh, Rapunzel. How you manage to do that every single day without fail, it looks absolutely exhausting, darling."

Rapunzel scratched the back of his neck.
"Oh, it's nothing."
Gothel shrugged. "Then I don't know why it takes so long..." She laughed before bopping his nose. "Oh, darling. I'm just teasing."

Rapunzel frowned a bit before following her to the mirror. "All right...so, mother. As you know, tomorrow is a very big day—"

Mother Gothel interrupted him.
"Rapunzel look at that mirror. You know what I see? I see a strong, confident, beautiful young person." Rapunzel paused and smiled, thinking she was talking about him.

"...Oh look, you're here too!"
He frowned again as she laughed.
"I'm just teasing, stop taking everything so seriously!"

"Okay, so mother. As I was saying, tomorrow is..."
"Wildflower, mother's feeling a little run down. Would you sing for me, dear? Then we'll talk."