Part 1

Mikey had been treated as an underdog lately by his whole family. He was just trying to bring some fun into their lives. Ever since they had at least turned 14 years old, Leo, Don, and Raph had just wanted to start acting like adults, rarely ever having fun anymore.

He had pulled a lot of pranks on his brothers this week. Now they were all blowing him off when he tried to talk to them.

Mikey went out to the rooftops on his own to clear his head. He was sure his bros didn't want to even see his face right now.

-

Back at the lair, Leo and Raph settled down for an evening of movies, while Don just toiled away in his lab on some project. They were glad that they were finally getting some peace and quiet.

-

Back on the rooftops, Mikey ran until he couldn't run anymore. He was disappointed in his bros for not paying attention to him. He hated that, being ignored. Most of the time, his thoughts weren't taken seriously anyway.

Soon he reached midtown. Mikey hadn't seen too much bad guy action tonight. It was good to have a break from that for one night on the town.

Mikey soon came to one of his favorite restaurants. He saw a young woman leaving it. She was real pretty. She took his breath away.

Long flowing blond hair, wearing a blue shirt, half shorts, had that look of a popular high school girl, like a cheerleader. She was still in school, but in her senior year. She was just leaving here after she had dined out. She didn't appear to have a boyfriend.

Her parents had been at a meeting tonight at a conference as they were doctor and technician at a hospital. So the girl had gone out to dinner.

Mikey decided to follow her home, but from up on the rooftops. To him, she was pretty enough that thugs would want to bring harm to her. Whenever he or his brothers saved girls/women, they always seemed to be the most beautiful ones.

She walked about 3 blocks to her home, which was an apartment complex. She lived on the 2nd floor, and this one was 6 stories high. It was a red building. It had a fire escape on it.

Just as she was coming down the alley that she had to go down to get to her building's door to get in, she spotted some punks down at the end. She thought if she hurried, she could get in before they got to her. Maybe they were just hanging out and not going to do anything either. Mikey saw them too. He eyed them warily.

As it turned out, they weren't simply hanging out. "Oh, what do we have here?" One asked. A black haired boy with a white bandana on his head. There were 6 of these boys. Punks, but not Purple Dragons, but had a good chance at becoming some.

The boys came up from the back and surrounded the girl. She looked at them with fear in her eyes. "Please let me pass and get home." She pleaded.

"Oh, I don't think so, Pretty. You have to pay a toll." A brown haired one said.

"I don't have any money on me." She said.

"Then there is another way." A blonde said.

The girl knew what he meant. Then they all heard a voice.

"Don't you punks ever learn to quick harassing young girls?" It was Mikey. He had snuck down the fire escape so quietly that they hadn't even noticed him.

They all turned around. "Get out of here, Freak! Let us deal with her!" The black haired leader shouted.

"Now I believe that you should let the lady go!" Mikey said as he now had out his whirling chucks.

"Get him!"

Mikey easily gave these punks a beating. Five of them were bruised from the hits, but the leader had had stayed with the girl. When Mikey approached him after his friends were running away, the leader was looking afraid too.

"What were you saying about dealing with her?" Mikey had a wide, evil grin on his face, and he was twirling his chucks.

"I'm out of here!" The leader shouted and ran up the same way his friends had went.

"Ha! Wimps." He laughed, then turned to the girl. "You okay, Miss?" He asked. He had calmed down and was trying to be polite the slow way.

The girl was stunned, but didn't move. She didn't scream. "You're one of those turtles that I have heard talked about on the news."

Now Mikey knew staying was a mistake. "Uh, yeah. Sorry. I'm going so I don't freak you out." He began to make his way back to the fire escape when she spoke out.

"No, wait. I'm not freaked out at all. You saved me before they could go any further. Please come back."

Mikey turned around. He smiled. He slowly came back to her.

"Hi, my name's Ophelia. You?" She held out her hand.

"Mikey." Mikey said as he took her hand.

"Won't you come in with me? I live just down here, but on the 2nd floor. I have snacks." Ophelia invited.

"Sure!" He was excited to make a new friend. He followed her to her building and up to her floor. No one passed by and saw them.

It was a nice pad for an apartment. She showed him around. She had her own room. She had a computer, her own TV, a makeup mirror desk. Things that most typical teen girls had. She had pictures of some boys and animals on her walls. It was a good sized bedroom.

"Where are your parents? You seem a little young to be on your own." Mikey asked.

"I'm not on my own. My parents are just working a lot, but I'm old enough to be by myself. My mom is a nurse technician, and my dad is a doctor. They had a meeting tonight, so I ate dinner out. They won't be back until very late. We can chill till then."

"What about a boyfriend?" Mikey asked. "Won't he be coming by?"

"I don't have one. I may look like the popular girl, but trust me when I say I'm not. I'm a very strong silent, shy type of girl. I'm also into different kind of things. I'm more into the exotic activities like with animals."

Mikey was intrigued. They both sat down in her room to watch her videos. Ophelia had also fixed up some snacks for Mikey. He ate everything. Same at home. They had such a good time together that the time just snuck up on them when her parents came home. "Ophelia! We're home!"

The girl snapped up on her bed. So did Mikey. "They can't see me here!" Mikey said.

"The fire escape! My window, Mikey." She said and the turtle got out real quick before her parents came in to see her and bid her goodnight. She did have school tomorrow after all.

Mikey was shaken by that, but was glad he had made a new friend. It was late now, and he knew he had training in the morning. He went home with a new feeling in his mind. He would try to come again tomorrow night.