Chapter 1~

Harry gazed upon the castle-like building that had been home to him for many years, But staring at it now felt different, he not only had good memories here but also bad ones that he would rather forget but staring straight ahead at this moment was all he could think about. All the emotions he had managed to forget over the summer had been flooding him, the guilt he denied flowing through his veins, so many lives lost so that he could live, he didn't know why the whole wizard world loved to praise him so much just making him feel more guilty.

How was he supposed to walk around this school with a smile on his face with the memory of his 7th year? The pain he felt, Harry felt numb as he continued to walk towards the dormitories, He could hear murmurs of his peers, asking if he was who they thought, he ignored everyone as he walked, he didn't feel like faking a smile, there were too many emotions playing in his head as stared around, too many emotions came to view, He had been so screwed up since the war had ended, He barely said anything to Ron or Hermione, or basically anyone, he couldn't be social, he didn't feel like he deserved to be.

When Harry reluctantly finished setting his stuff down in his dorm, it was time for the introduction ceremony, Just great, Harry thought to himself, as he walked into the auditorium that was full, Harry sighed as he sat in the back, McGonagall was at the front ready to speak.

"Welcome back students! or welcome to new students! It is rather lovely to have you all here especially after last year, we are ready to teach you all, It has been a rough year but we are hoping this one is normal, we know all of you are worried about this year but as your headmistress, I can assure you everything will run smoothly," McGonagall smiled warmly, The students cheered but Harry just stayed silent, "Let's start by putting you into your houses aside from the returning students,

~

Harry left right after, he didn't need to stay for that nor did he want to. It was empty in the library so he decided that was a good place to be, he only ever went here to study, it felt different as he sat at one of the tables, placing his head down on the desk he was seated on, He breathed in the old book smell and sighed. Harry stayed like that for what felt ever before sitting up, the ceremony had to be over by now, when Harry looked up he saw someone standing before him and Harry blinked,

"Potter, What are you doing in here? McGonagall was calling you," Draco Malfoy stood before him, Harry didn't think he would return after last year, but here he was, He was wearing his same old Slytherin robe and slicked back blonde hair, still tall and lean as Harry remembered, "Oh c'mon, Don't look at me like that," Malfoy rolled his eyes,

"Was not expecting to see you here," Harry said bluntly, Harry stood up a bit, "Just surprising," He shrugged,

"Whatever, Are you coming back to the ceremony or not?" Malfoy seemed impatient, Harry shook his head,

"Not going, I don't want to say anything," Harry told him, "What's the point?"

"What? Don't want to let the new wizards know who 'perfect Potter' is?" Malfoy rolled his eyes, Harry clenched his fists tightly as he stood up and walked away from Malfoy who stared back at him, Harry ignored him as he left.

Harry hated nothing more than what others assumed of his life like just because he was 'the chosen one' his life was some fantasy, It wasn't, never had been, from being neglected by his aunt and uncle to being always on death's door, what was perfect about that? He hated how Malfoy just assumed so and bugged him every chance he got, Harry thought after all this that he would have somehow changed and would become better but he was still the same, and Harry liked that only a bit, everything had changed for him once he defeated Voldemort but knowing Malfoy would still treat him the same relieved him.

~

Harry walked into his dorm and saw Ron sitting on the opposing bed, Ron sat up with a smile but Harry just nodded as he set his bags off his bed and laid down, It's not that he and Ron were no longer friends, Harry just didn't want to socialize as much as he used to, he knew he should be grateful to be alive but he couldn't stop thinking of the lives that were lost at his accord, one being Ron's brother, Fred, How could he joke around with Ron after that?

Ron sighed as he went back to what he was doing and Harry put headphones on and began to listen to music quietly as he stared at the ceiling, he was exhausted but most times when he slept, he had nightmares, he couldn't let Ron knows that and he knew he couldn't use a silencing spell with him in here so he was out of luck, He had no idea how much sleep he would be getting this year, not only was he experiencing nightmares, he had trouble eating, whenever he did his brain would remind him that he didn't deserve to so he didn't, he knew if he hung out with his two friends they would immediately notice his strange habits.