Chapter 7: Wake Up

Beginne am Anfang

"Yeah, of course." He said. "Well my mom did. She was the only one who was ever in here, and only to water the plants. So what exactly are you looking for."

"I'm not exactly sure yet." I say my thought outloud. "Uh, I mean...I just wanted to come in here again. Thanks for not changing anything."

"No problem." Nick says.

I make my way up to the loft which was full a bunch of old junk. I look around, there's a couple gutair cases, a drum set, lots of boxes, even my old key board from when I use to play was up here. There was a set of drumsticks setting down on the red bean bag chair and bags filled with clothes that looked like they were from the 90's.

Then, as if by fate, I find on single CD case sitting alone on the floor. Somehow, I felt like it was calling to me. I pick up the CD. Sunset Curve was the name written on it. Interesting, I've never heard of them. 

I climb down the step and as if being controlled by a greater force, I walk over to the stereo, pop the disc in, and let the heavy rock music consume me.

"One two three,"

Flynn's POV

I can't stop thinking about the kiss with Julie, and how great it felt. I also can't stop thinking about the kiss with Carrie, and how....not great, it was.

I love Jules, I always have ...but I always thought it was in the friend way. Maybe I've mistaken love for friendship, but one thing was for sure, I was still dating Carrie.

I couldn't just keep leading her on like this when I had feelings for someone else. I think the only thing there was to do right now was tell the truth, no matter how hard it may be.

I knocked on her front door and she answered.

"Hey Flynn." She smiles at me. She wouldn't be smiling as soon as I tell her I'm breaking up with her.

"Hey Carrie, can we talk?"

Her smile fades, but she still tries too keep it. "Yeah sure, come on in." She says.

We walk up to her room and a nervous feeling begins to boil inside of me. I was about to break her heart and all because I didn't know what I wanted.

"What's up?" She asks.

"Look, Carrie..." I start. There was no easy way to break-up with someone. Someone always ended up getting their heartbroken. "I.....it's not you, it's me, I-"

"You're breaking up with me." Carrie nods, holding back tears. "Am I right?"

"Yeah." I nod. "I'm sorry it's just-"

"You don't need to explain it to me." She says. "I understand."

"No, Carrie please." I say. "I want us to still be friends. I still love you, but as friends."

"You love someone else?" She asks.

"Yeah." I nod, breaking eye contact.

"Then you should be with them." Carrie says. I could tell she was trying to be good about this, but she was heartbroken.

"Thanks." I say. "Still friends?"

"Still friends." She says, although I knew she wouldn't have still wanted to be friends if she knew it was Julie who I had feelings for. That's apparently why Nick broke up with her, because he likes Julie.

"I gotta go." I say. "Thanks for understanding."

"Yeah." Carrie says.

I give her one last smile before leaving. Now I just needed to tell Julie that the kiss ment something.