"What's going on?" Narcissa asked, placing a hand gently on the small of my back as she approached Fred.

"Um..." George stated, his face covered in concern.

"What is it?" Narcissa asked again, removing her hand as she walked toward the window.

I made eye contact with Fred for a brief moment. Longing was in his expression. I didn't have time to unpack all that.

"Shit..." I heard Narcissa mutter before she backed away from the window.

"Is something wrong?" I asked, going to walk toward the window.

Fred took a step in front of me, blocking my view.

"Yes. Something is very wrong..." She replied, extracting her wand from her pocket. "Something is very very wrong. I've got to go." She stated, walking toward the door with urgency.

Fred watched her as she left the room.

"What's going on?" I asked, trying to get past Fred.

"Y/n-"

"Fred. Move."

He shook his head.

"Fred... Move." I repeated.

He narrowed his brows for a moment before his feet took a step closer to me.

"Y/n."

"Fred. Get out of the way-"

"No!" He shouted.

I stared up at him with frustration. With one swift move, I pushed past him, nearly crashing into George in the process.

It took me a second to comprehend what was happening as my gaze zeroed in on what was occuring down below.

Then it all became very clear.

"...Severus?"

Severus's POV:

"We are about to enter through the gates of Hogwarts. Pick someone. Stick with them. Good luck. This is where we will separate." Lucius shouted as he stood on a boulder that gave him a significant boost in height.

"Get down from there you moron." Severus called toward him. With a frown, Lucius got off the giant rock and stood beside him.

"What do we do now?"

"Well. Get yourself a partner and get yourself a path to go on." Severus explained.

Lucius looked down at his hand before he intertwined it with his friend's. "You and I shall partner."

Severus glanced down and gave a sigh. "Fine. Whatever. Just... Get your wand at ready. And don't hold my hand."

"Someone's PMSing." Lucius scoffed before he rolled his eyes and dug his hand into his vest.

Severus cleared his throat. "If you've found yourself a walking partner, be sure you both bear your wands. We will each go down separate paths. Make sure you don't get lost. We will need as many of you as possible in the clearing on the courtyard as we can if we even want to stand a chance against Voldemort."

Many of the people grimaced at the mention of his name.

Severus turned to Lucius. "Your wife is with Ms. Y/N. As you wished, she won't be facing the dark lord. Though, she's a better dueler than you."

Lucius elbowed Severus gently. "Yeah well she gives better head than you."

"Well both me and your wife do better than you so I'd shut it before you got yourself in trouble."