Chapter 17

"Sorry!" You immediately apologized.

You looked up to see a man with blue hair, tanned skin, and about 180 cm tall? He had a cryo vision hanging on his belt on his left side. You wondered to yourself if this is the calvary captain.

"Are you the calvary captain?" You asked.

"Yes, I am. You don't seem to be from Mondstadt. Where are you from?" He asked.

Did I name my nation? What was the name...? I will just say Inazuma.

"I'm from Inazuma," you replied.

"That nation... isn't it closed borders?" He asked.

"I got out before they closed borders," you replied.

"What do you need me for?" He asked with a beautiful smile plastered onto his face.

"Ice!" You bluntly replied.

"Oh, I have ice!" A girl with silver short hair, dressed in a hybrid of a knight and maid outfit walked by.

"My name is Noelle! You can follow me to get some ice!" Noelle introduced herself.

Your heart skipped a beat for her. You wondered what's wrong with you for a second. You could not describe that warm, fuzzy, and burst into excitement feeling. Your cheeks were tainted with red. You followed her outside of the storage room. Noelle went to get ice for you. You thanked her a lot and walked back blushing a lot and a little smile was plastered across your face.

"Here's the ice. I'm sorry," you apologized and pressed the ice against his cheeks while holding his face with your other hand.

Venti looked like he was in dreamland. He had the biggest smile on his face. You were puzzled by his facial expression. You blushed a little from being close to him.

"Y/n...can we still get your memories back? But we put it in an orb! So if you want to get your memory back. We can just do it anytime," Venti suggested.

"Sure. Oh yeah! My elemental powers! You have to teach me!" You told him.

Venti trembled upon hearing that. He remembered how it went last time for him. It didn't go well. The memories of being slapped to a tree still haunt him.

"Wolvedom... let's go there," he suggested.

You nodded and asked if his cheeks hurt. He denied and went out of the headquarters with you.

"Hello! You're that girl from earlier! I forgot to ask for your name! May I ask what's your name?" Noelle asked, carrying a box of supplies.

"Atsume," you replied as you stared at her face.

Your face reddened a little. Venti tugged your wrist telling you to go already. His brows were drawn up in the inner corners. His upper eyelid drooped downwards as he start losing focus of where he was leading you.

"Venti, Venti!" You yelled.

He snapped out of his daze. He found himself near Windrise. He apologized and lead you to Wolvedom. You launched out your elemental skill at the trees. Your cool down immediately started after you used your skill. You went underground and hit the trees in the vicinity.

"You're getting good at this!" Venti praised.

"What about my elemental burst?" You asked.

"Launch it after you gain enough energy to recharge," Venti said.

You launched your elemental burst. Venti ran around like a madman trying to dodge your attacks. You slowly got the hang of it and shot towards Venti just for moving enemies practice.

"Why are you shooting at me!?" Venti yelled.

"Shoot at enemy practice?" You asked.

"I tripped over so many times trying to not get hit. You are shooting spikes, Y/n! Not some styrofoam or soft object!" Venti exclaimed.

You can say Venti has nearly escaped grim reaper's wrath. You hugged Venti and stroked his head comforting him. You noticed his socks were still perfectly clean but his cape tore a little. You apologized immediately to Venti about his cape and said you would fix it once you have time.

"Watch out! Hilichurls!" You yelled.

"Attack them! Go go!" Venti pushed you towards them.

"Excuse me?" You yelled.

"Go!" Venti said and launched his elemental burst.

You used your elemental skill and slapped the hilichurls left and right while being underground. You slapped the Mitachurl's legs and slammed the vine on its head. You resurfaced on land and landed the finishing blow with five shortcoming attacks.

"You did such a great job!" Venti praised.

"You're low on mora aren't you?" You asked.

"Yeah..." Beads of sweat started to trickle down his forehead.

"Venti, don't you think that girl Noelle is pretty?" You asked.

"No? Why did you ask?" Venti looked at you with a suspicious look.

"She's very pretty! She's so helpful too!" You replied.

"Y/n...did you forget we are in a relationship?" Venti asked with a cold voice.

"Sorry! I just...um I can't help but feel attracted to her! And...this feeling feels so new!" You apologized. "But I promise! I actually will come to like you one day!"

Venti was surprised by your response. He forced a smile and told you it's fine. He went back to the headquarters alone, head held low. You felt a pity for him not being very faithful to your significant other. You sat outside of the cathedral gazing at the stars that hung in the midnight sky. A girl sat beside you. She was about your height with a big red bow on her long brunette hair. Her clothing consists of bright red, white and brown colours. Her pants were extremely short that you might even count as panties.

"What's wrong? You seem down," she looked at you with a bright smile.

You felt somewhat of that feeling again when you met Noelle, but it was a bit different from that warm, fuzzy and about to burst with excitement feeling. That smile was everything for you to be able to speak up. She seems so do friendly. Your sadness and negative thoughts have never been dispelled so quickly before. She introduced herself as Amber.

"It just that...I accidentally liked a girl and...she was very pretty kind and helpful. However, I have a boyfriend. He's very free-spirited, open-minded, cute and sometimes a bit of an alcoholic," you replied as you chuckled talking about Venti.

"Love questions is not my thing, but everyone makes a mistake. Be it love, friendship, understanding what this world is, or making misconception happens a lot of time. In my opinion, I think you're on the borderline of most likely maybe mentally cheating? You can say? May I ask is this your first romantic relationship?" Amber asked.

You nodded.

"Relationships come and go, but if you insist on keeping this relationship going. I suggest you apologise to him. No matter how strong or happy someone may look. They will always be that time when they are at their true mental state," Amber said nonchalantly as she gazes the stars with you.

You agreed with her saying. You noticed Venti's smile earlier does not look like the smile he would make when he genuinely smiled with you in the past.

"On the apology side, it's up to you on how you want to apologise. If you want to listen to more of my rambling. Every day is a new day to learn something. Even if it's the smallest thing that means nothing in other people's eyes. It's your learning experience. It may even be a very dear lesson you want to keep!" Amber looked at you with her hands freely moving as she speaks. "Oh, I completely forgot to ask! What's your name?"

"Y/n L/n, I come from the newly emerged nation recently," you introduced.

"So Y/n...what are you going to do now?" She looked at you. "With the answers, I have given. It's your choice to make the next move."