25. Touching Grass.

Start from the beginning

I tug on a pair of thick, warm, black dress pants, and tuck the grey shirt in, overlapping both the sides, to create the illusion of it being done up.

I wander over to the seat that Abe had been sat in and pick up my wand from the cushion, shoving it into my pocket. I also pocket the pack of cigarettes that layed on the floor by the chair.

"Come on then, Juniper" I pull the snake from his perch, and sit him on my shoulder. I decide against bringing along my satchel, it would just get in the way.

I head to the cloakroom, stepping into a pair of black leather boots, bending down to quickly do the laces up.

I pull my black cloak from the hook and flick it around me. I tuck Juniper into an inside pocket before leaving the room.

I entered the commons, and was just about to leave before someone grabs my arm. No. Not Tom. A girl from the trio I flipped off the other day.

"Look it's Tommy's little doll!" She giggles. I don't say anything, my gaze stays unfocused and dead.

"What's wrong with her?" Another asks, she has blonde hair, and blue eyes. She's quite short which I find humouring. I turn my dark gaze to her, still staying silent.

"Who cares? She's just a clingy little drab" says the third girl. She has a crown of frizzy black hair, and wears thick glasses.

"Oh fuck off. Like you can say much" I spit, pulling my wrist away from her.

"Excuse me!?" The nerdy one screeches, and suddenly there's a sharp slap to my cheek, and it stings like anything.

"Oh you're going to regret that" a deep voice chuckles darkly from behind me. I turn around to see

"Tom?" I scrunch up my nose.

He steps out from behind me, grabbing the girl that slapped me, then disappears, apparating away.

The two girls in front of me start panicking, grabbing at each other, quietly whispering what-ifs to each other. I roll my eyes and leave without another word.

As it's a few minutes before curfew, there aren't many students in the halls, and even though I'm not even with Tom, half of the females shoot me glares. I ignore them.

I walk out into the back courtyard, and follow the path out until the edges of the forest line up with the path. I step off of the cobble-gravel trail and step onto the grass before entering the woodland edge.

I pull Juniper out of my pocket as we get deeper into the trees.

"Can you keep up?" I ask.

"Of course" He nods his head, which makes me smile. I set him on the ground and he slithers around.

"Try to stay where we can see each other" I murmur.

"Will do" Juniper hisses, traveling alongside me as I make my way deeper into the forest. I travel in the general direction that I'd memorized. Everything looks pretty much the same as it had before I traveled through time. Though it's quite foggy so I have to watch out.

Finally I reached what I've been looking for; an old rickety trail of abandoned, overgrown train tracks.

I turn and start heading to the left along the rails. Just the beginning of my trek.

=🌿=