Chapter 10: New Signing

Scarlet's Point of View:

I arrived at the Bernabeu, and went to Carlo's office, already in my 'training' uniform. "Aha, Scarlet Ramos. I've gotten your contract, and now all we need to do is have you sign it." Carlo smiled, and pulled out a small packet of papers out of his drawer, "Now, you're going to need to sign here." He pointed at a blank space on the paper.

"This contract if for three years only, so if you want to stay here longer, you'll just have to wait to renew the contract. Welcome to the team you're new number, like you requested, is 5. You'll be getting your jersey and training uniform after practice." (I know that's Fabio's number, but use your imagination.)

"Thank you Carlo, I'll go get ready for practice now." I smiled to myself while keeping my cool in the room.

"Yes! I officially play for Real Madrid!" I shouted while running onto the field, sliding on to the grass on my stomach. "I play for the best club in Europe!" I got up, getting ready to run, when I saw Marcelo laughing at me with James.

"I'm guessing you signed a contract with us?" James asked smiling at my happiness.

"Yes! Say hello to your new favorite forward, and midfielder."

"Triple treat, I like it." Marcelo smiled.

"Huh? Learn how to count idiota, that's two positions." I rolled my eyes.

"No, you're the idiota." He mimicked, "You can sing, play forward, and play midfield. Plus Scarlet you should really stop rolling your eyes they might get stuck. Then again, if you do it enough you might find a brain back there."

"Oooh" James high fived Marcelo.

"Al least my brain isn't hidden in big,curly hair." I stuck my tongue out at both of them.

"I need to practice, two on one?" I rose my eyebrow at the pair.

"Stop doing that, you aren't Ancelotti." James laughed.

By the time we ended out little game, the whole team arrived and had joined in, and made a team scrimmage. "Well, I guess you already started practice. We will just have a lazy day, scrimmage for the rest of practice only one hour today." Carlo informed us. We all cheering for the short practice.

Since the game had started as two on one, it wasn't going so well for me. I was tired, and could barely stand anymore. I decided to sit out for just a few minutes, when Carlo called me to his office. "It looks like there was a mistake in your birth certificate, or something, it says you were born in Argentina, not Spain. Were you adopted Scarlet?"

"I- I don't know." I was completely baffled. "I need to go call my parents." I speed walked to the locker room, and call my dad, Jose.

After a few rings he picked up, "Hello sweetie. How are-"

"Dad." I cut him off, "Am I adopted?"

"Um, well, yes?" He coughed. "Before you were even one your parents got in a car crash here in Spain. Since we were family friends, they allowed us to adopt you, and now here we are! Happy as can be!"

"What am I really? What country did my old parents come from?"

"They were both from Argentina, so I guess that makes you Argentine? I didn't study life science."

I groaned, "Thanks dad." I ended the call. How could they hide such a big part of my life from me?

Looks like my promise with Lionel just came true. I was definitely going to life that trophy in Russia, even if it is 3 years away. I went back to Carlo's office, "Carlo, you can keep it as Argentina, I guess I'm the only Argentine on this team now." I gave him a weak smile.

"I know what will make you feel better. You know how we have to face Atletico in a couple days?" I nodded. "Since I know what you can do on the pitch, I'll put you in the game as a sub for Gareth. I'm thinking you'll play half the game, maybe more, maybe less."

I was extremely shocked, "You're kidding right?" I was about to play my first game!

"Don't mess this up Scarlet, this is your one chance. If the other team doesn't trip you, because your a girl, be sure to use that to your advantage and score goals." Carlo smiled, and went back to his paper work.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I promise you won't regret this!" I ran out of his room, to the field once more bumping into Cristiano.

"Guess who you get to play beside next game?" I smirked up at the Portuguese.

"I don't know, but guessing by the gigantic smile you have on your face, I'm guessing it's my favorite Ramos?"

"That's right! You can say thanks to me right now becau-" I got cut off.

"Oh, I thought Sergio was going to get to play forward." He acted disappointed.

"Rude! I'm not talking to you anymore!" I pretended to be mad, because let's be honest, the only person who like Sergio more than me, is Sergio himself.

"Comeback, Scarlet I was joking!" I still was 'mad' at Cris so I didn't trade turn around, and break character.

Cris ran behind me and lifted me in the air, "I said comeback." We both laughed, and fell to the grass, with a big thump underneath me.

"Thanks for breaking my fall, babe." I joked helping him get back up.

"Anytime, gorgeous." Both of us burst into a fit of laughter, as we both hated couples who rarely call each other by their real names.

James Rodriguez's Point of View:

Was I hearing right? I didn't know that Cristiano and Scarlet were dating! They do look really close though. What was this burning feeling in my body just seeing them together like this? I was too busy watching them fall to the ground, and call each other names to notice the ball coming straight at my head. Before I fell to the ground I heard Scarlet yell, "Oh my god! James!"

Authors Note;
NO TIME HOLY GOODNESS OF PAUL POGBA. I CAN NOT BELIEVE 300 PEOPLE IN THIS EARTH HAVE ACTUALLY READ THIS BOOK. THANK YOU SO MUCH! ALSO THIS WAS WRITTEN EARLY, SO IT MIGHT HAVE MORE BY NOW. Oops, hope it didn't feel like I was yelling at you. Anyways I'm so bored, stupid international break. : (

Don't forget to comment and like!