Author's Note

VERY IMPORTANT

'Sup!

So first and foremost, the Deck Of Cards series is interconnected. You can't read them as standalones since all of the events stem from one branch. There are scenes wherein certain matters aren't explained properly, but I assure you that it will be further tackled on the succeeding stories. This might cause confusion but I intentionally leave some segments in the air. I'll eventually grasp them all back for the plot of the following stories.

I do not write ideal stories so if you're looking for comfort and light plots, this series isn't for you. There are chapters that may trigger your past trauma so beware of trigger warnings before you read. Please be aware that the author is more than willing to hear your concerns if the content of this book affects you in any way.

Also, do be kind. Please stop commenting about other authors' characters in this story. It's disrespectful for me and it kind of invalidates what my characters are and how I molded them to be.

Refrain from commenting obscene and rude words. I am full of flaws and I acknowledge that. If you're going to comment something negative about my writing style, please do it in private (socials are linked in my bio). I am very sensitive when it comes to rude approach by readers so I do hope you understand if I ever block you for that sole reason. I accept constructive criticisms, but I do not tolerate blatant insults for the sake of downsizing my ability to write.

Take Note

To clarify things... No, I am not a law student (nor a drug dealer) and I only have minimum knowledge of how the law works. I have an aunt who is a law student so I message her from time to time whenever there's a legal concept or term that I'm not familiar with.

With that said, if there is anything that's incorrect and needs to be pointed out, please do feel free to message me.

AGAIN, I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH ANYTHING THAT I MENTION IN THIS STORY.

I am not an enemy of the state.

Political/social views in this story are my personal opinions and if you don't like it, then feel free to leave. But nonetheless, if my opinion is not right or immoral in any way, please feel free to educate me.

Thank you!

Please do not reprint, plagiarize, or copy any contents of the story unless permitted. Plagiarism is a crime and can be punishable by law.

🀄

With that, welcome to my house of cards. When the gambling begins, remember to keep your best bets.