68

After Harry and I had gone to buy a gift for Hazel we immediately parted ways to get ready for the event that we will attend.

I started getting ready as soon as possible, making sure I look presentable enough for this night and that the dress Harry had gotten for me suited me alright.

Honestly, I think I spent nearly two hours getting ready but I'm so nervous that I can't help but overthink every step I take. Meanwhile, Louis has been playing with Hazel in the living room while constantly assuring me that they'll be fine.

After finally being completely ready, I pace back and forth around the house. Harry had promised to pick me up so we drive there together and now that I'm waiting for him my anxiety has seemed to raise absurdly.

"Eve, stop worrying so much, everything is going to be fine." Louis pats my shoulder as Hazel sleepily rests her head on his shoulder and I immediately take notice of it, taking her in my arms right after with a small smile.

"I'm going to put her to bed," I tell him quietly before making my way to my room so I can carefully set her in her crib, a smile on her lips and eyes narrowed as I do so.

"Ma…" She mutters, moving her head slightly and making an effort to keep her eyes open to look at me as I stare at her in awe before brushing her curls back.

"You must be so excited for your monthday tomorrow darling," I whisper, stroking her cheek as she looks at me with tiredness clear on her movements, "dad's gonna be here the whole day and Lou, it's going to be great."

I feel two hands on my hips and I turn around immediately, smiling at the sight of Harry standing behind me with a soft smile on his lips. "I arrived not long ago, Louis told me that you were here."

"Yeah, just making sure she falls asleep, she looks so tired." I smile at him as he walks closer to stand next to me, hearing Hazel humming at the sight of him before raising her small hand in his direction.

He reaches down to hold it promptly, an enormous grin on his lips as she giggles quietly at the touch before slowly closing her eyes. Her hand falls from Harry's and she turns her back to us while sleeping as Harry wraps an arm around my waist.

"I'm not saying this because she's our daughter, but she's the best baby I've ever met." He laughs quietly, bringing his lips to my cheek sweetly before I wrap my arms around his neck with a faint smile.

"She gets that a lot." I chuckle while brushing his curls back gently, his eyes not leaving my face as I do so before his lips graze mine faintly before he presses them together.

"Are you ready? I can't see you that well." He jokes after pulling away and noticing the darkness of the room, reassuringly squeezing my hips while I rest my head on his chest with a sigh.

"Physically yes, mentally no." 

His chest vibrates in the slightest against my cheek, and I look up at him with a frown and my head tilted to the side before he cups my cheek. "Everything is going to be okay, just stay next to me."

I nod lightly, glancing at his lips before kissing him twice which causes him to smile. I take one last look at Hazel before leading us out of the room so that I can say goodbye to Louis, who is watching tv on the couch.

He looks up at me as I approach him, getting up when I extend my arms for a hug before I pat his hair. "Have fun, Eve." He grins, rolling his eyes when I pinch his cheek playfully before prying my hands away.

Harry and I step outside the house and before I could walk further, he wraps a hand around my wrist to pull me into him with a faint smile on his lips. "Let me see how you look, ma chérie."

I grin up at him before taking a step back for him to see the dress he got me, his eyebrows raising as I do so before wrapping an arm around my waist to pull me closer again. "I'm assuming you like it."

"Your assumptions are correct." He smirks, pressing his lips against mine briefly before one of his hands slides down my arm to hold my own, intertwining our fingers.

I pull away from him and pat his chest before beginning to walk once again, pulling him with me but stopping to gasp at the sight in front of me. "A limousine? Seriously?!"

"Of course, we must make a nice entrance, don't you think?" He asks with a cocky smirk on his lips, doing the same I did to him and pulling me with him as he walks, our hands keeping us united. 

Harry opens the door for me, causing me to side glance at him while letting go of his hand so I can get in, sitting down on the white leather seats and looking up at the fancy lights on the roof of the car.

Once he sits down next to me the car starts moving, both of us avoiding eye contact as I tap my fingers on my knees in a way to distract myself. Harry uses a hand to cup my cheek, turning my head so that I look at him before furrowing his eyebrows.

"I'm sorry, I'm just nervous." I lean into his touch without noticing, worry spread across his features as he pulls his hand away from my skin and wraps it around my shoulder to pull me closer.

"Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?" He asks, resting his head on top of mine before I scramble closer to him to wrap my arms around him.

"I don't know, distract me."

Somehow his gaze gets more intense, his stare dropping to my lips before making eye contact with me once again and I cup his cheek while looking back at him.

"I'm not sure if we're thinking about the same kind of distraction." He murmurs, hands moving downwards to clasp around my hips and I move my hands to grip his arms before trying to get closer to him.

"I think we are," I whisper against his lips, watching as he closes his eyes shortly before side glancing at the closed divider between us and the driver, unexpectedly crashing his lips against mine after doing so.

My eyes flutter closed at the contact, his hands not once leaving my body as I attempt to lean closer to him, his tongue pressing between parted lips as I grant him access almost immediately.

His touch moves to my shoulders pulling me down to lay down on the leather seats before lowering himself on top of me with a smirk on his lips before pressing them against mine once again. 

Breathy moans and fast breathing is all I hear before gripping his hair in my hands while his hands pull my dress up to my waist, his lips leaving mine and connecting to the skin of my neck.

"Harry," I whimper as he bites down on my neck, moving my hands towards his shoulders to grip them eagerly before attempting to take his suit jacket off but he immediately grabs my wrists, pinning them above my head.

"No," He stares at me tentatively as my chest heaves up and down, smirking faintly before slowly bringing his lips to mine, "you're the one who needs a distraction, aren't you?"

I nod frantically and he tuts, making me throw my head back frustratingly before he moves his lips back to my neck, still holding onto my wrists. "Use your words, ma chérie."

I open my mouth to speak but I close it right as I feel the car stopping, both of us looking at each other for a while before Harry curses under his breath while sitting up with a glare.

I sit up as well, fixing my dress and hair while amusingly looking at Harry as he fixes his hair as well, mumbling something to himself with a shake of his head. "Every fucking time."

Laughing, I set my hand on his thigh as I hear the commotion from outside, leaning closer to him with a smirk to whisper in his ear right before the door is opened by the driver.

"The night is young, mon chéri."

I hope you're enjoying the story!♡