Ch.14

Riley had been kept under lock and key by her mum. Meredith didn't trust that nothing happened between Riley and Simon Lowsley. And she wasn't going to risk anything happening again.

Riley walked downstairs. She saw her mum sitting there. "Aimee is coming to pick you up. And she's bringing you back to her house. You can't be trust Riley. And I know that something went on with you and that teacher. Aimee knows it too."

Riley rolled her eyes. "I'm not a kid. Nothing ever happened with us. Don't you trust me?" She asked.

"No. I don't. I've spent too much time away to know that you need someone here. So when I'm called away for surgeries, you're staying with Aimee. And I don't want to hear any arguments coming from you," Meredith said as she looked at her.

"That's stupid. This is stupid!"

***
Riley walked out to Aimee's car. Aimee smiled.  "What did she say?" Aimee asked.

"I literally have no life. Because I have to go to school, then come back. You're my taxi driver now. And when mum is away, I have to stay with her," Riley mumbled.

Aimee nodded. "I know. I don't mind. But the fact that we're both lying to her telling her nothing happened. When it did."

"I know. And I'm grateful you haven't said anything to mum. But I don't like this. She's treating me like a prisoner," Riley said as she looked at her.

"The perks of having an affair with a teacher," Riley said as she drove off.

***
Riley was sitting in class. She looked up as Rhiannon walked in. She smirked. "Shame isn't it? How you're not allowed in with Lowsley. Shame."

"You need to shut your mouth. Because I don't want to deal with you," she told her.

Rhiannon rolled her eyes. "Can't get a guy your own age. So you go for a teacher," she spat.

Riley stood up and went for Rhiannon. "That's enough!"

Riley turned to see Simon standing there. Rhiannon had a smirk on her face. "You should be near her sir. You're in enough trouble."

Simon glared. "Back off Rhiannon. Or you'll be in the cooler for the rest of the year," he said.

Rhiannon walked off leaving Riley and Simon there alone. Riley sighed. "I really miss you," she mumbled.

"I know. I miss you too. But this is the way it has to be. Especially since everyone is keeping a close eye on me. They don't trust us. Me especially," Simon said.

***
Aimee walked into the common room. She saw Riley there with Simon. "Tell me that nothing is going on?" She asked.

Riley turned to her and sighed. "No. He was helping me with Rhiannon. She was trying to start on me. And he got rid of her. Nothing was happening with us," she told her sister.

Aimee nodded. She looked at Simon. "Thank you. I'll take it from here," she said as she walked off with her.

***
Riley had snuck out the house while Meredith was in the shower. She saw Simon's car parked up. He smiled. "Hey."

"Hey. My mum is in the shower. So I have twenty minutes," she told him.

Simon nodded and kissed her. Riley kissed back. The two of them knew they had a long way to go in their relationship. But would it be worth it?