Ch.13

Riley stood there shocked as everyone looked at her. She didn't know what to do.

Riley looked at Aimee who walked over to her. "Babe. What's she talking about? You and Simon!" Aimee asked.

"I don't know. I really don't. Why would I sleep with Mr Lowsley? Riley said as she looked at her.

Aimee nodded. She looked at Rhiannon. "I think we need go and have a chat about this lie. Don't you?"

Rhiannon glared. "I'm not lying. She is shagging him! I saw it with my own eyes," she said.

"You're just doing this because I don't want to be friends with you. You need to grow up," Riley said.

Rhiannon scoffed. She glared. "You won't get away with this. You little slut."

***
Riley was sitting outside the office. She heard everything that was going on. Aimee came out. "Mum is on her way up. I need you to tell me the truth. Now."

"I did tell you the truth. I'm not having an affair with Mr Lowsley. I promise."

"Babes. Come on. It's me you're talking to. I know that you've been hiding something from me and mum. She won't be as understanding as me. So please. Tell me the truth."

Riley nodded. "We kissed. But that's it," she told her.

Aimee sighed. She looked at her and nodded. "Okay. This is what we're going to do. You're not going to admit anything. And I mean anything. You're going to deny it all. I'll cover for you with mum."

"What?"

"This could ruin your whole school career. It could ruin Mr Lowsley's too. And we're not letting that happen. So it never happened."

Riley nodded. She didn't know why Aimee was sticking up for her. "Why are you defending me? Like why?"

"Because you're young. And you don't deserve to have your life changed by this."

***
Riley looked up as Meredith walked in. She sighed. "What's been going on?" she asked.

Riley sighed. "Cause some girl has told lies that I've been having an affair with Mr Lowsley. It's not true at all. I wouldn't do that," she said.

"What has Aimee said?"

"She's defended me against everyone. Mum I'm scared."

Meredith sighed. She looked at her. "You need to let me and your sister deal with this now. It's a bloody serious accusation. And it's not going to happen again."

***
Meredith and Aimee walked out the office. Meredith sighed. "I've been called to do a life saving operation in London. You're staying with Aimee and Max tonight. I don't want to hear that you've been at the house on your own."

"I'm a big girl mum."

"Tough. It's not happening."

***
Riley snuck off into the boiler room. Simon was there. "What are we going to do now?" She asked.

"We cool this down. We pretend that nothing ever happened. And that it was only a stupid kiss. We can't be seen together now. I hope you know that."

Riley nodded. She wiped away a tear that had fallen. "I don't want to lose you."

"And you won't. I promise. We just have to cool things down a lot. When you've finished school, we will be together. I promise," Simon said.

Riley looked to him and nodded. But could their relationship ever become more than just a forbidden affair?