He pulled the straps of my nightdress off my shoulders leaving gentle kisses as he did so, the shawl long forgotten in the garden where I dropped it. I smiled watching him kiss my bare shoulders as the straps fell away. I was still covered as I was laying down and the nightdress wouldn't fall until I stood up. I suddenly felt shy as he got off of the bed so I could move. He hooked his thumbs in the waistband of his trousers, that were now housing a tent, ready to pull them down as I prepared myself to stand up and let him see me as no man had ever seen me, completely bare. Suddenly an alarm started screeching in the background completely breaking the spell we had found ourselves under.

I sat up quickly in bed, disorientated and out of breath, hitting the alarm rather forcefully which had interrupted one of the best dreams I think I'd ever had. So much for moving on, hadn't I just decided to do that at dinner last night! Apparently my subconscious wasn't quite there yet, but man it was a good dream!!

I just realised why my alarm had woken me at 7am on a Saturday morning. I had an appointment at the solicitors office at 9am. Tate and Byron were coming with me. I had turned 18 a few weeks ago so I presume this had something to do with my uncles company. Oh no! How was I supposed to face Tate today after the dream I just had?!!

I had a shower to calm my nerves and to wash away the remnants of the dream. Browsing through my wardrobe I found a teal suit with a black blouse and matching stiletto shoes which I had been getting good at walking in due to the amount of practice I'd had. I decided that looked professional enough for a trip to the solicitors. I blow dried my hair and put it up in a high ponytail leaving a few tendrils loosely curled to frame my face. I dabbed some concealer under my eyes and added some blusher for colour as I was looking a bit pale. Some clear lip gloss and a layer of mascara later and I was ready to go.

Tate and Byron were waiting for me in the lobby. I couldn't look Tate in the eye so kept them fixed on the floor as my heels clicked closer and closer to them. Smiling at Byron I took his arm and let him lead me to the car.

We pulled up to a building that looked like a mirror. It was made of reflective mirror window panes and little else. Everything in the open plan lobby was sparkling clean, not a blemish anywhere, the room was bright, full of natural light and made of white marble. We were led to an elevator which took us to the top of the building where we were greeted by an older lady with a smile on her face. "Hello, you must be Byron, Tate and Brooke" she greeted us "This way please Mr McQuniton is waiting for you in his office" she continued leading us to the door at the end of the hall.

Walking into the rather large office we were greeted by a jolly older man sitting behind a large mahogany desk. He instantly stood from his brown leather chair holding his hand out to us and a large smile gracing his lips. "Hello, hello, I'm Mr McQuinton but feel free to call me Arthur. I see you've already met my wife Penny." He nodded over to the lady who led us in. Turns out she was his secretary, that was how they first met over 40 years ago and after they married she wanted to stay working with him. It was quite a sweet story they had told us whilst we had all been given a hot drink. I'd opted for hot chocolate as it was a frosty morning.

"Right, let's get down to business shall we?" Arthur said just as the door to his office burst open with such force the books on the bookshelf behind the desk moved. "Is she here?" I heard a frantic female voice say, I knew that voice. Turning to look at the intruder I was shocked at the man and woman in front of me.

"Auntie Violet, Uncle Mason?" I asked eyes wide open with surprise. "Oh Brooke!" She cried. Instantly I was up and in their arms wrapped in memories of my parents. Violet was crying and even Mason had a tear in his eye, it wasn't long until I was crying too. After a minute or two I pulled away to see Tate behind me a slightly worried look on his face and a box of tissues in his hand. He looked uncomfortable like he wasn't sure what to do and I couldn't help laughing as I took the tissues to dry my face, sharing them with Uncle Mason and Auntie Vi. "These guys were best friends with my parents" I explained to everyone.