As if Eden knew what mortality was, really. She knew it was just about fun. She found fun in destroying things, but it was all for a good cause, right?

"So what made you stay?" Fire Boy asked her.

"It was love," Eden told herself not to look at Kaleidoscope. The reminder of Silena — her scent, her smile, her passion, ingrained into her brain. Eden couldn't look at Pretty Girl and not see Silena, which was why she couldn't look at her. "It's always love, isn't it?"

Fire Boy nodded, stirring some sizzling bell peppers and tofu in a pan. "Yeah, baby! Almost there."

"You're such a cringe person," Eden snickered.

"Says the one in love with Piper," Fire Boy retorted.

Eden felt herself heat up. "I'm not," she said firmly. "She just reminds me of the girl I used to love. Too much."

"Yeah," Fire Boy handed her two plates. "Carry those over."

Eden groaned but got up, walking over to Muscle Boy and Pretty Girl with the plates.

"Leo, Eden," Kaleidoscope said in amazement. "How did you—?"

"Chef Leo's Taco Garage is fixing you up!" Fire Boy said proudly. "And by the way, it's tofu, not beef, beauty queen, so don't freak. Just dig in!"

"Besides, I can't cook," Eden said, giving Perfect Jason her extra plate. "But, yeah, I am magical."

The tacos tasted as good as they smelled. While they ate, Fire Boy tried to lighten the mood and joke around. Eden rolled his eyes at him and told them about fun moments in her life, ones that didn't have a huge impact on her and on them.

After Kaleidoscope ate, Perfect Jason encouraged her to get some sleep. After Eden grudgingly looked at her ankle, she curled up and put her head in his lap. In two seconds she was snoring.

Muscle Boy looked up at Fire Boy, who was obviously trying not to laugh. Eden was snickering out loud.

They sat in silence for a few minutes, drinking lemonade Fire Boy had made from canteen water and powdered mix. It was alright, Eden could've had some in her thermos but what could you do?

"Good, huh?" Fire Boy grinned.

"You should start a stand," Perfect Jason said. "Make some serious coin."

Then he frowned. "Leo . . . about this fire stuff you can do . . . is it true?"

Fire Boy's smile faltered. "Yeah, well . . ." He opened his hand. A small ball of flame burst to life, dancing across his palm. Eden stared at it. She felt completely calm and safe for some reason. And she fucking hated fire.

"That is so cool," Perfect Jason said. "Why didn't you say anything?"

Fire Boy closed his hand and the fire went out. "Didn't want to look like a freak."

"I have lightning and wind powers," Perfect Jason reminded him. "Piper can turn beautiful and charm people into giving her BMWs. Eden could probably kill someone in two seconds. You're no more a freak than we are. And, hey, maybe you can fly, too. Like jump off a building and yell, 'Flame on!'"

Fire Boy snorted. "If I did that, you would see a flaming kid falling to his death, and I would be yelling something a little stronger than 'Flame on!' Trust me, Hephaestus cabin doesn't see fire powers as cool. Nyssa told me they're super rare. When a demigod like me comes around, bad things happen. Really bad."

"Maybe it's the other way around," Muscle Boy suggested. "Maybe people with special gifts show up when bad things are happening because that's when they're needed most."