Get Him To Wakanda

Start from the beginning

"I will be and I love you too, Mom." Riley replied before hanging up.

Riley tossed Rhodey's phone onto the sofa beside her and ran her hand through her hair.

"Everything okay, Riley?" Natasha asked as she quietly stepped into the room.

"Everything's fine, Nat. You should be worrying about Vision and the population of Earth right now, not me." Riley said before she walked past Natasha without even looking at the woman.

Natasha sighed as she rejoined the others and Riley in the next room.

"What are we all waiting for? Let's get Vision to Wakanda." Riley said as she put on a pair of gloves.

She clenched her fists and a suit began to form over her body.

"Wow, nice outfit!" Wanda said with a smile.

"Thanks, Wands! Now, let's go." Riley smirked before they all headed onto the Quinjet.

Whilst the team flew to Wakanda, Wanda noticed Riley sat in the back meditating, calming her mind before the inevitable battle ensued.

"Hey." Wanda said as she sat beside Riley, placing her hand on her knee, gaining her attention.

"Hey, you okay? How's Vis?" Riley asked.

"I'm okay and he's holding up. I've never heard you call him that before." Wanda replied with a smile.

"Would you prefer me to call him 'Microwave'?" Riley asked with a smirk.

"Guess not." Wanda replied with a giggle.

Riley smiled at her soulmate and wondered what Wanda actually wanted to talk about.

"So, what's on your mind?" Riley asked.

"Oh, um, I was curious actually. I wanted to know why of all places, you decided to join me and Vis in Scotland? I mean, I love you, but I'm sure you would have preferred someone a bit warmer." Wanda asked.

"Wanda, you're my sister, you're my family, you're all I've got. You're my person." Riley replied with a smile.

"I am?" Wanda asked with a grin.

"Yeah, you are. I love you, Wands." Riley replied.

Wanda pulled Riley into a hug and kissed her cheek, "I love you too, Riley."

Wanda pulled away and wiped Riley's eyes, seeing a couple tears leave her eyes. Wanda smiled as she looked to Riley, accidentally reading her mind as they made eye contact.

"Are you gonna be okay?" Wanda asked.

"Yeah, knowing me I'm probably just hungry." Riley replied as she wiped her face.

"That's definitely a lie." Wanda stated with a smirk.

"When are you going to stop reading my mind, Maximoff?" Riley asked with a grin.

"When you learn to talk and start telling me about seeing Void in your dreams or..." Wanda reduced her voice to a whisper, "The fact that you are obviously still head over heels in love with Nat."

"Well, you figure that last one out yourself." Riley replied as she began to play with her hands, nervously.

Wanda took Riley's hand in hers, comforting her.

"Just talk to me, please. I'm your person, you just told me so, and I worry about you some times." Wanda said.

"Okay and I am sorry for worrying you." Riley replied as she put her arm around Wanda.

Riley began to think and wandered how much digging Wanda had done in her brain to become so worried about her.

"What kind of things do you see, when you read my mind?" Riley asked as she looked down at her soulmate.

"I know that you're hurting and doing your best. Oh, and you are so not over Nat and are really not a fan of Bruce." Wanda replied with a smile.

"Well, you really do get more information from reading my thoughts. I'm sorry...I don't talk much about how I feel. Why do you always ask?" Riley asked.

"Because I care about you and how you're feeling, stupid." Wanda replied with a grin as she gently punched Riley's arm.

"Hey...takes one to know one, stupid." Riley said with a grin.

Vision looked to Wanda and Riley and smiled as he watched them interact with one another. Natasha looked to Wanda and Riley, deciding that it was now or never to shoot her shot with Riley. Natasha took a deep breath and approached the two best friends.

"Riley, can I talk with you, please?" Natasha asked.

Riley nodded and Wanda gave Riley a kiss on the cheek before she re-joined Vision. Natasha sat beside Riley and sighed.

"I know this is probably like the worst timing -" Natasha said.

"Hey, no, no, no. It's okay, you can tell me anything, Nat. What do you wanna tell me?" Riley asked.

"Okay, so remember everything I said in that voicemail message? Well, I lied. I don't need space from you, Riley. See, I really really like you, always have. Hell, I'm in love with you, Riley." Natasha declared.

"Nat, I - I don't know what to say. I mean -" Riley started before Natasha cut her off.

"Girlfriend and Girlfriend, right now?" Natasha asked.

"No." Riley smiled.

"Girlfriend and girlfriend, eventually?" Natasha asked with a smirk.

Riley looked to Natasha with a small smile on her face as she admired the woman she loved.

"You're not saying no. You have to say something." Natasha said with a grin.

"I'll play the long game." Riley smirked as they touched down in Wakanda.

" Riley smirked as they touched down in Wakanda