Chapter 6 - Making Plans

In the morning both girls turned up in the kitchen without the boys, both of whom were still sleeping soundly when the girls got up. They didn't waste any time getting their news out. Maggie started it. "Dean wants to get married, like soon," she said, as she poured her coffee.

Katie was reaching for the cereal box, and she had to chuckle. "Well that doesn't surprise me, since Sam wants to do the same thing."

"Really," Maggie said happily, as they sat down at the table. "That's pretty cool then, cause we could have a double wedding. I mean, that just seems like the right thing for us to do."

"I agree. Planning a wedding will be awesome fun, and we can get Mom to help."

"Oh definitely," Maggie said. "Where should we have it?"

"Well, not in a church," Katie said. "Not after what we know of angels and all things heavenly."

"Too true," Maggie concurred. "I'd love to have it outdoors, like in a beautiful park, with a waterfall nearby, and gardens full of flowers."

"Agreed. We'll find a beautiful park and have an outdoor, double wedding."

Just then Dean walked into the kitchen, having caught the tail end of the conversation. "No," he said, as he poured a cup of coffee. "We won't be having any outdoor weddings. We'll have it right here in the bunker."

The girls looked at each other, appalled. "My dear husband-to-be," Maggie said. "Weddings are for brides, and we want to have it outdoors. And once again, you're telling us that we can't do something we want to do, like it's your right to command us. I thought we'd just been through all this."

Dean sat down at the table, biting his bottom lip. "Okay girls, I'm sorry. I'm still getting used to this polite stuff." He scratched above his ear. "I didn't mean to make it sound like a command. It's just that my mind thought the whole thing through in a split second, and came to the conclusion that there is no other choice, we have to have it here. Will you listen to my reasoning?"

"Of course," Maggie said, while Katie nodded agreement.

"Okay. Here's the thing. We all have enemies, very powerful enemies. If there were a god, he's the only one who'd know how many Sam and I have racked up. And you two have made your own enemies. Don't think the followers of that Lilitu you killed aren't going to be out for your blood. You didn't just kill her, you scammed her, you humiliated her. Believe me, there are demons out there looking for your blood."

Again the girls looked at each other, this time with expressions that said "Wow, I didn't think of that."

Dean continued. "See, if we had it anywhere outside this safe haven, my head wouldn't be in it. I'd be too on edge, constantly looking around for danger. And danger could very well turn up, and people could get hurt… or worse. I assume you're bringing friends and family from your world? Would you want to put them in harm's way?"

Again the girls looked at each other, realizing that Dean's points were totally valid. They couldn't have the wedding anywhere else."

"You thought of all that in a split second?" Katie asked.

Dean shrugged. "Pretty much."

"Huh! No wonder it sounds like you bark orders that seemingly come from out of nowhere, just because you have a need to be in control."

"I do see how I can sound, and I'm working on it. But yes, I always have reasons for what I say. I might not always be right, but I don't just 'bark orders' for the hell of it," Dean said, making quote marks with his fingers.

"Well," Maggie said, "you certainly have an excellent reason for having it here."

"Having what here?" Sam asked with a yawn as he walked into the kitchen.