Chapter 3 - Clues

"Are you sure we're doing the right thing?" Maggie asked her sister as they headed onto the Interstate.

"I believe we are," Katie said. "But if you're having second thoughts, if you don't feel okay about it, we can turn around right now and go back home."

After a few minutes Maggie said, "No, if we do that they will never take us seriously. I just miss Dean is all."

"I know sweetie, I miss Sam too. And we just got them back. But damn it, why did they have to be so hard-nosed about this? Especially Dean." Katie looked over at her sister and touched her shoulder. "We've gone over this, Sweetie. If we let them just order us like they did, it will cause a lot of problems down the road. They have to learn how to treat us like equals."

"I know that, I do. It just sucks."

"That it does, Sweetie, that it does."

"What do you suppose they did when they found out?" Maggie asked.

"That depends. Do you mean when they found out we're gone, or when they found out we took the Impala?"

Maggie had to laugh at that. "Oh my god," she said. "I would love to have been a fly on the wall when Dean found that out. I can actually hear him rant and rave about it."

"You gotta wonder what he's mad about the most, us or the car."

"I suspect it was the car, at least at first. I mean I hate to say it but it's true," Maggie said.

"Okay, so after Dean rants about the car, and they realize we're actually gone, what will they do?"

"Maybe they won't do anything," Maggie said. "Maybe they'll just wait for us to go home."

"Do you seriously think they could possibly do that?" Katie asked.

"No not really," Maggie said laughing. "I imagine right about now they're trying to figure out where we went and what we're doing… And honestly, I doubt it will take them all that long."

"You're right about that," her sister said, "so let's get a move on. If we don't make our point before they find us, we never will."

------------------------------------

Sam and Dean

"Do you really think they're actually on a hunt?" Sam asked his brother.

"Ya know, yeah I do. They're out to prove a point. Let's go check the  GPS on their phones."

Sam chuckled. "What? All twenty of them?" he asked.

"Did you ever think to get all the new numbers they bought?" Dean asked sarcastically.

"No." Sam answered.

"Well neither did I," Dean said. "So let's at least just try the ones we know, okay?"

They went to the study to check the locations on the girls' phones. Sam had to laugh.

"What?" Dean asked.

Maggie's phone is in Paris," Sam said, "and Katie's is in Rio."

Dean swore under his breath, "Damn it Maggie."

"Oh and get this," Sam said. "The car is in London."

Dean stared at his brother. "If I weren't so pissed I'd have a good laugh at that. I love her, god knows I do, but right about now I could wring her pretty neck."

"They aren't going to make this easy on us Dean. They're trying to prove how good they are."

"Yeah, and unfortunately for us, they really are good," Dean said. "The stuff they did while we were gone was amazing. And they have better fake ID's than we do."