Chapter 1 - Prologue

Start from the beginning

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

On a lunar eclipse night, Xiao Tian was tasked to get rid of a loan shark with a bounty on his head. However, upon arrival, he noticed that something was off. 

The assassin didn't expect his target to have a guest tonight.

Luckily before the eclipse ended, his target bid goodbye to the visitor.

"It is always a pleasure to make a deal with you, Bai Feng." the master of the manor greeted, sending off his guest for the night.

The jade-eyed assassin quietly watched as the man in the ivory robe left the manor

The jade-eyed assassin quietly watched as the man in the ivory robe left the manor. Finally, it was his time to strike.

As for Bai Feng, not long before departing, he realized he had forgotten one of his belongings.

"Ah, my scroll.. Should I retrieve it?" the long-haired beauty hesitated for a moment before turning back. The elegant ivory robe fluttered gently in the night breeze, as Bai Feng once again made his way towards the direction of his client's estate.

When the golden-eyed man stepped into the meeting room of the manor, he didn't expect to discover that someone was ambushing his client. Instinctively, the long-haired beauty drew his blade stopping the assaulter, and the two fought immediately

The clashing of their weapons quickly disrupted the quiet, peaceful night.

Unfortunately for Xiao Tian, the eclipse was quickly coming to an end. Noticing this, the assassin immediately leaped out of the window to retreat. As the moon started to peek from behind the shadows, both parties caught a glimpse of each other's key trait: a unique mask and bright golden eyes.

 As the moon started to peek from behind the shadows, both parties caught a glimpse of each other's key trait: a unique mask and bright golden eyes

Xiao Tian naturally received punishment for not being able to finish his mission that night, but he was given a new target regardless. Their commissioner had generously paid for this target to be eliminated, so the organization naturally picked the best assassin. Needless to say, Xiao Tian was specifically selected as he was known for his immaculate skills.

After a few days of staking out his new target's estate, Xiao Tian decided it was time for the kill. Bypassing the security was child's play. The short-haired assassin infiltrated the manor with little effort, wasting no time locating his target.

Xiao Tian's movements were perfectly tuned: no strides too long, no force too intense, and every motion was efficient. He then swiftly, but with great control pressed his weight onto the target's chest, his dagger already drawing blood from said prey's neck. Then, as if just waking up from a peaceful slumber, his target's eyes fluttered open.

Revealing a stunning pair of golden irises.

Author's Notes:

Hope you enjoyed the prologue for Fortuitous Jade <3 

Votes and comments are highly appreciated! 

Don't forget to add the story to your reading lists so you won't miss an update from us~

While waiting, you can check our Instagram where we update weekly on BaiTian arts! Link in profile ^^