Chapter 9

Charles's Point of view

Conquering the world took a decade, they say I rose to power pretty quickly, and in time things have become very monotonous

Conquering the world took a decade, they say I rose to power pretty quickly, and in time things have become very monotonous. Before my path came across Baby. I wake up doing the same exact fucking things. Endless decisions and approvals to get rid of obstacles along with the fucking people who cross the line and only to be repeated daily.

Everything changed the day I got an urgent phone call from Rich that my idiot brother had hired some low-level retrievers and had been successful in interfering with my plans. I could still remember the thrill Baby had given me that day and seeing her struggle to save other people for the first time added to the enjoyment of the experience for me.

I'm standing in Baby's room, and I could look at her for hours and not get tired of her beauty. There were so many blue and red marks on her body, and she looked so damn delicious. I could ravage her again, but I planned the whole day tomorrow to do just that. I let out a chuckle, and the two nurses were startled.

I gave the look at the old-looking nurse who is injecting the Nanogex into Baby's system, moving at a very slow pace. She notices my irritation, and only then she remembers to air swipes the result and the usual response of Baby's body on the treatment.

I instructed the other nurse to give her some sleep aid to be mixed in with the IV bag because I need her well-rested tomorrow. In order to ensure that all of the markings I had just given her were no longer there, I made her double-check everything before I left the room.

As expected, the same white car is waiting outside the door. The driver has informed me that Rich will be returning back in the building coming from the war site and has requested my presence for a few minutes.

I nodded for him to bring me there right away. I air-swiped a command to look at the log monitor. I've missed a lot of his calls as I was preoccupied giving Baby her lesson tonight. I clench my fist, knowing that these calls were about the war.

Every nation needs a new leader every five years to make the world think things are changing, but in reality, these are all illusions. I just put different faces with different names which belong in the same family bloodline. I was tasked to think and have the world in my hands to control.

The population increase was permitted for one reason, to maintain a large number of subordinates. The desire for having human lives as servants has to be met. Every detail has been thoughtfully prepared. It was made certain that their wings were severed even before the subordinates were born.

Only the mighty two percent is given the power to rule them all, and therefore my clan for generations was the only one who has the capability to lead that two percent.

Since my parents have decided to divide the family by favoring my idiot brother more, I took the right to rule with my own hands and decided to claim the title with no mercy who stands in my way. We were born to rule, I just so happen to be more aggressive.