Ch:15 • New Life?

|2 years later|
New York, Manhattan Bridge~

"This is the worst burger I ever tasted..!" Naira gulped all the water in the bottle in one go.

"Hey! Don't say that...you know I walked straight 2 miles to get you this burger..."
A blonde man stood beside her.

"I know Kevin! That's why you're my best friend! But the burger was still bad."
She giggled pulling his cheeks.

"How about making this best friend your boyfriend?" Kevin asked cheekily. Naira laughed.

"He will kill you!" She said.

"No he won't!" Kevin smirked.

"And how do you know that?" Naira asked playfully.

"Because I know him..." He said.

"What do you know?" She hit his shoulder.

"He is handsome, cute, caring, romantic, but not an angry bird for sure!" Kevin exclaimed.

"Who told you that?" Her turn to smirk.

"You madame." He bowed dramatically.

"Exactly!" She raised her invisible collar. Soon her face fell down.
"You know I miss him..." She let out.

He put his hand on her shoulder. "Let's go...we're getting late for the exhibition..." She sniffed and he nodded.

They reached the hall where Naira's designs were going to be displayed. Naira had found her career in a hobby she had at some time when she was a young lass.

Kevin was her bestfriend and also a fab designer. She met him in her designing course.

Entrepreneurs from all over the world came there. All of them appreciated her work.

One of her designs was liked a lot by many of them.The exhibition holders decided to have an auction, so that they could earn a profit too.

The auction went on and on.

Naira was in a state of boredom. She went to her green room to have a nap, leaving Kevin incharge. The winner was found at last. The final price was 5660 USD.

"1 lakh USD" Someone shot from the entrance.

A dashing man came in. His hands shoved in his pockets, messy hair, looking stern and firm.

"Sir, what? Are you sure?!" The auctioneer  asked.

"Yes, but I have a condition."

"What is it?" Kevin looked perplexed.

"I want this designer to work for me."
__________________________________