Ch:02 • Knowing Him

Naira's pov:
I couldn't see his face but aisa laga ki woh muskura rahe the...pata nahi kyu.

"You're beautiful, Naira..."

Oh lord! My name sounded so gorgeous from his mouth!
I couldn't hide the redness of my cheeks from him.

"By the way, I'm Kartik." he whispered back in his intoxicating voice.

"Tum change karke bed par so jao main carpet par so jaunga."
My head shot up.

"Kyu?" Out of a reflex I said. Oh fuck! How do I cover that up now?
Pov ends.

Kartik's pov:
Okay...so she just asked me why I was going to sleep on the ground. So why does it matter to her? She doesn't even know know me that well.

"I-I mean ki aap zameen par kaise soenge? Th-thand lag jaegi-aur m-main kaise aapko chhod kar bed-d par so sakti hu?"
She was fumbling but she looked so cute.
"Main so jaungi neeche."

She cared...she cares about me.
Maa was the only person I could remember, maa your bahu is just like you. She is innocent and I won't hurt her. Ever.
I wanted to talk to her, but she looked tired. I sighed and made a pillow wall between us. She was surprised at the start, but then she smiled.
We both changed and went to sleep.
Pov ends.

Naira's pov:
My eyes opened drowsily, but I couldn't see him.
My eyes travelled to the pillow wall which was left undisturbed, my lips curved into a smile. But where was he?
I was expecting to wake up first. I looked at the clock, it was just 5 am in the morning. I quickly took a bath. He wasn't in the room so I decided to pleat my sari infront of the mirror as I wasn't a perfectionist.
___________________________