Part 89: Farewell

Start from the beginning

Being rich and born with a golden spoon in her mouth, people would only flock to her for the benefits, not for herself. 

Roselyn couldn't give less than an inch of attention for the other male leads, only her brother and the prince. 

Even as heartless as she was described, she must have felt some emotion or love for her big brother, someone who has been by her all her life. 

But if that drifted away to someone else, then that would be very frustrating indeed. 

And furthermore, the same problem was decreasing her chances of becoming Queen by getting close to Albert. 

If you were told your whole life that you were going to become Queen, then it would become a big part of your whole identity. 

Raised with wealth, having power, but also to serve the position of the Queen in the future.

That was what her position was to everybody's minds. 

It indeed also proves further that nobody truly saw her for what she was. 

And if you had such an impressive brother as Onii-sama, wouldn't you want to be acknowledged by him? 

Onii-sama doted on her, and she often acted spoiled, this I could tell from his words. 

There were two most important things in her life: Her big brother, and the power of the Queen.

And having someone take both from you, it was almost a joke. 

I wanted to sigh at this pitiable character, but at least she finally found someone who appreciated her as she was. 

But from how much she truly valued her brother, I would rather that she forget about him completely to save her from pain. 

 "Elijah, could you please not erase my memory of Onii-sama? I wanted, even if I were the only person, to know his sacrifices." 

"The terms he gave me were too simple: I want to be a better big brother. After his goal is accomplished, I was originally was going to destroy this world as it was done. But since I've also messed up a bit on my part when placing the souls, I'll grant you and only you this right." 

Elijah snapped his fingers, but nothing changed at first glance. 

But if you looked closely at the original villainess's blue eyes, there was a a bit of confusion as she raised her head and looked around, as if looking for someone. 

Adriana was the first to speak up, "Ivy? What's wrong?"

'Ivy' was at first at a loss of words, then hesitantly said, "No, nothing. I could have sworn that I forgot something." 

Being the only one who understood what she lost, I smiled sadly.

Truly, I could not understand why Onii-sama did so much for her, but what was done is done. 

"Roselyn, I'll have to apologise beforehand for the trouble you went through. You see, the original heroine was supposed start over again in her own body. It seems that her innocence was only time-bought. After being exposed to wealth and power, even a saint as her couldn't withstand such mortal pleasures. Out of all the other people, she truly can only be considered as 'normal'. " 

I sighed. 

"What a shame, for her at least. I can't blame her, she truly was once pure and innocent, devoid of desires." 

Elijah nodded as he knew I understood, instead of getting angry at all the complications the real Ivy had caused. 

And with how much suffering she caused unknowningly, she shouldn't have been let off this easily. 

But Onii-sama left happily, the original antagonist was happy, and I doubt she did it on purpose at that time. 

The game dialogue when it came to the poisoning part was still untainted, thus she truly did not pull anything of her own will.

Unlucky situations, that's infuriatingly all it was. 

If I still held anger or sympathy to the characters that had endured the hardships in the past, wouldn't that almost be mocking where they've come now?

Sometimes, you just have to forgive and forget.

Holding meaningless anger won't help you at all. 

"I'll send her for reincarnation, hopefully she'll be exposed to such fancies early on and won't trick other people with her surface-integrity. See what happened the first time?" 

According to Onii-sama's words, a whole country suffered from her change of thinking. 

When you have everything surrounding you, it's clear that you'll think this is right.

"You were an interesting human, certainly. I definitely chose the right contractor. Roselyn, or Sayuri, I hope that you enjoy the rest of your life in this world. 

He did a few spells, and a glowing piece of paper appeared. 

"Our contract is done, farewell." 

With an inked brush, he signed the bottom and the paper broke into pieces, then nothingness. 

"Farewell, Elijah. You were an interesting god, certainly."