part one

이것은 끝이 아니다 이것은 시작일 뿐이다

An intense glow had awoken Sae-Byeok. The last thing she had remembered was looking at the eyes of a traitor, her teammate Sang-woo. She had been stabbed in the neck by her so called ' friend'.

Although she wouldn't have called him a friend. in fact she didn't trust him at all. He was the opposite of a friend, a dark soul. She didn't trust anyone and especially not him.

She had obviously known from the start what he was really like. For he killed Ali a kind hearted man, a betrayal if you wish. She watched him push player 017 on the glass panel. Of course she was going to be next.

She couldn't help it. The glass which had flown in to her stomach in round 5 had already made an impact, She couldn't help herself this time. The damage was done. Sang-woo might as well have finished her off. Ease the pain. He got lucky.

So when Sae Byeok woke up in her bunk bed in the room with the same coloured walls and same o67 track suit it had taken her by surprise. She was still alive? how was that possible? she could have sworn she had been killed. The ringing of Gi-Hun's scream still haunting her.

She looked around. Nobody else was there. She climbed down the ladders from her bed and walked to the middle of the room.

The golden ball filled with money stood before her.

She examined it. How was that possible? Just yesterday it was hanging from the ceiling. She hadn't competed in round 6, but nobody else was around.

"Gi- Hun?" She shouted as she turned around looking at the walls with the stickers of each round and glancing at the score board.

'1 person remaining'
45,600,000,000 cash prize.

did she win? but how was that possible?

Sae Byeok looked down from the scoreboard and across to the open doors. Maybe her other teammates where playing round 6 without her. But she couldn't understand why. And if so where were the staff in pink suits. She was surprised that none of them were watching her sleep or standing at the door waiting for her.

This gave her a chance to explore, Maybe even a way out. If she was careful enough she could escape.

She reached the multicolour stairs, lurking each corner, watching carefully incase bumping in to a guard.

it was odd. The first time she had been on these stairs she had been with 455 other people and now, she was all alone.

The stairs had been more complicated than she had hoped. So many twist and turns. Like a maze, some dead ends some leading to rooms, but which room should she enter? one wrong turn and she could be dead. she had to think, where would the escape be?

She had found her way to a door which looked promising.

oh.

the red light, green light room.

The first round she had ever completed.

The memories rushed back to her. Almost trying not to cry, hundreds of people had been killed during the first game, Not a single soul knew what they were getting in to.

She had watched the first two people to die, unlucky for them they thought it had just been a child's game not expecting to actually die once they had been eliminated.

Money had made them all crazy.

They had entered a game in which involved money or death. But only 1 person would receive that money. How stupid to think they could win out of 456 players it was rather impossible.

Sae-Byeok dropped to the floor as she examined the doll which had killed a good couple of people although she felt like crying. She held back her tears. crying made her seem weak.

she would only cry if the reason was valid.

list of valid reasons why Sae Byeok cried:

.her mother

.she had watched the one person she trusted die.

.on the verge of death

apart from these reasons, she had no reason to cry, if she cried for all the people that had died, she'd be crying for a very long time.

She looked to the walls with splattered blood and to the fake grass in which she couldn't take it anymore.

She ran out the room, Ran down the stairs, took a left in which then she took a right, Spun around ran up some more steps, looked down the staircase and panicked. How would she ever escape? The so called maze had made her nervous. She hadn't even realised how big this place was, as she had been so busy with winning the game.

She took a deep breath, and took a left to the next promising looking door.