Chapter 14

I haven't really been keeping track of the time line and I doubt any of you been able to as well considering I didn't do the whole Tri-Wizard tournament thing. But I'm going to say that this chapter takes place around October 15-16th. I wanted to say November but I wanna do the whole Samhain thing.

Anyway, if yall have any ideas or head-canons you want me to include, please comment them and I will pick the ones I think fit into the story. I wanna say this as I have been getting a few comments about this. This story is a Harry x Luna story, it has Neville x Blaise as the only confirmed side pairing. Fred, George, and Draco are siblings in this fic, which makes them and Luna cousins. I'll not lie, this story might be a bit of a slow burn for the romance side. I had not planned for this to happen but it might.

Regel holds his brother close as they hide. There was a bunch of bad people in their house, their parent's weren't home. The person who was watching them hid them in the toy chest, it didn't look big but it had expansion charms in it. Regel held Adrien's dummy in his mouth, he had his own dummy and they were both crying but the dummies were hiding the sound. Adrien held his blanket in a tighter grip when they heard a big 'thump' and people running up the stairs.

"The Brats are probably in here, Dumbledore said not to hurt them badly, said he needed them for something" There were footsteps and sounds as people searched for them. The heard someone around their hiding spot before the lid was opened and light flooded into the chest, a shadow came upon them and the two babies looked up to see-

Fred(Regel?) woke up in a cold sweat. His dream rapidly fading from memory. He groans and brings his hands up to his face. "Dammit, not again" He grabbed his wand and casts 'tempus'

'5:36'

He moves his hands and get up from his bed. If he couldn't sleep he would do something else. That of course correlated to him sitting at the desk in his room with a quill in his hand trying to figure out if he wanted to write to his birth parents, what he wanted to right to them. He had his worries of course. Would they accept him and George(Adrien?) as Malfoys? If they do would they judge them for being raised as Weasleys? Are they nice? Draco says they are but since the twins were stolen just a few weeks after they turned two, did the Malfoy Parent's over compensate with Draco because of their guilt? What would they want to be called? He didn't think he could call them 'Mum' or 'Dad' just yet and 'Mother' and 'Father' make him feel stuck up. But calling them by their names seemed worse, calling them by their titles or 'Mr/Mrs' seemed.. very formal, Fred(Regel?) wasn't very formal. What if he sent the letter and they didn't respond or wrote back that they didn't want him or George(Adrien?) or something of the sort. Fred (Regel?) bit the inside of his cheek and decided what to write.

Dear Malfoy Matriarch/ Patriarch,

Greetings, My birth name is Regel Kade Malfoy, I however was raised as Fredrick Gideon Weasley and I am still struggling with how I want to be addressed. I am unsure if you have received the letter from Gringotts about me and my brother, Adrien Caspin Malfoy (Raised as George Fabian Weasley). He like me is still unsure how he wants to be addressed, but we are cautiously going as our birth names. I am sorry if this letters feels very formal, I have no idea how to write you and Draco has suggested and encouraged me to do so. I am not sure what I am writing for, I have questions I would love to be answered but I feel it is to early to get them answered. But if you have any questions for me or Adrien, I will do my best to answer them.

Regards,

Regel

It was more formal than he wanted it to be but it was the best he was going to get, or else he would insult them, accidental or not.

He got up and quickly left the room, letter in hand. He got to the owlery and used one of the school owls to send the letter out. He took his time to walk back, it was early not many would be awake. His mind drifted as he walked, to how much everything had changed from the start of the year. Or at least he was going to, someone running into you often makes you pay attention.

̶F̶r̶e̶d̶ Regel was barley able to make out the Ravenclaw uniform before he heard the footsteps and yells, belonging to Filch and his cat. He quickly pulled her to the nearest secret passage way. They stood quietly in the darkness as the footsteps ran past them.

Regel used his wand to provide light in the dark passage. The girl looked to be in Luna's year, but just from how small she was, he wouldn't be surprised if she was in his younger brother's year. She seemed to be dizzy and struggling with something, her hair kept changing from short brown to long dark red. Like really long, like it went from shoulder length to dragging behind her on the floor long, like it hadn't been cut ever. Everything about the girl kept changing really. Her skin color(a light beige-ish color to a light-ish brown and everything in between), her face kept changing too. Smaller eyes turning to bigger eyes and back, nose changing shape, face shape changing. Her eye color changed, going from a dark brown to a green. Regel thought the thing she was struggling with was her body shape changing. Her top was the easiest he could see of this. It seemed to be too tight one second, then loose the next.

Wait, Regel looked back to her eyes. Green, specific shade of green actually. Emerald, Regel new this shade as he looked into it for almost 4 years. Regel didn't know who the girl was but from the way everything was happening to her it seemed like he couldn't leave her alone.

"Do you need help? It looks like you do, but I don't want to make assumptions. If you need help, I don't really know how to help you-" Regel didn't get to finish his rambles as the girl fainted, still shifting. Regel stood there with the passed out girl in his arms trying to figure out what to do. He only really could get her to a safe place until she woke really. So He carefully Put his wand in his pocket and picked her up bridal style. He stood for a few seconds before sighing. He hoped the others wouldn't get mad at him but Madam Pomphrey hadn't yet been cleared as trust worthy and he wasn't taking chances.

It didn't take him long to walk through the halls and stand in front of the door for the Room of Requirements, he just had to figure out how to open the door. This was decided for him when the door was yanked open by a tired looking Harrison, who took at a look at him and the still ever changing girl in his arms and let him in, grumbling about "Luna and her fucking seer shit"

When Regel entered the 'living room' he knew why Harrison grumbled. Luna was standing next to a door, one that didn't have a nametag, a fact that Luna seemed quite unhappy about.

"Oh! Regel, bring her in here. Its an extra room, she will need the rest she won't wake until her transformation is complete after all" Regel was always one to question things, but the look in Luna's eyes as she stared at him made him not want to question anything. "I'm glad we found her, now we just have to find her brother and then" Luna wandered off mumbling her feet taking her to her room. Regel stared after her wide eyed before he went and carefully set the girl down on the bed. The Ravenclaw uniform looked uncomfortable and the shirt problem was still happening. Regel rolled his wand in his hand for a few seconds before transfiguring the girl into pajamas, he made the shirt a few sizes too big before tucking her under the covers.

The day passed by quickly, Regel got a reply to his letter not long after lunch. He put off reading it until his anxiety got too much and Luna forced him to.

Dear Regel,

I admit I had not expected you to contact this early. I am aware of how you were raised, who raised you, and know their views on us. But that is alright. Your formal way of writing your letter was very amusing to me, you sound very uncomfortable, but you needn't have wondered, if you so wish if you write anymore letters to us then it is okay to write them informally. I would like to know your questions and to answer them the best I can, I can only guess how confused you must be. I can not think of any question I would like to ask you. If you have not yet decided, you are allowed to call me and y̷o̷u̷r̷ ̷f̷a̷t̷h̷e̷r̷ L̷u̷c̷i̷u̷s̷ my husband what ever you are comfortable with.

̷Y̷o̷u̷r̷ ̷M̷o̷t̷h̷e̷r̷ Regards,

Narcissa Malfoy.