2: Don't Bite Off More Than You Can Chew

Start from the beginning

Lungs deprived of oxygen until you were free from that office, you leaned against the wall with seven papers in hand. You were now the sole owner and caretaker of seven hybrids, paid in full. Gasping for air, you bent to catch your breath while Milly patted your back, seeming shaky in the legs as well.

"That was the most intimidating I've ever seen him. I am so sorry." Giggling uneasily, Milly shot the door one last nervous glance.

"Is he always like that?" You huffed before looking over the papers you held clutched in your hands. Apart from the custody agreement, they held information on each hybrid. Though there wasn't much.

"No! That was weird as hell. Maybe it was because you were taking home seven? Anyways I'll meet you up front with the boys. Someone has to go down to the kennels to gather their possessions, so it might take a little bit. In the meantime, Amy at the front desk should handle any questions you have. Ask for care pamphlets, you'll need them. Especially for the exotics. Make sure she gives you all of the leashes and collars, they're complimentary per adoption. You can't walk out without them." And like a busy bee, she was off, leaving your head spiraling in her wake.

Minutes later, you were standing in front of a chatty young woman, feeling uncomfortably hot as seven leashes were thrust into your hand by the rather chipper secretary, giving you a rundown of everything you needed to know.

You'd be lying if you said everything didn't just run in one ear and out the other. She was talking way too fast for you to catch a single word she was saying. It was obvious she had said all of this hundreds of times before, but for you, this was your first. And you were at a loss.

Standing there watching her talk a mile a minute, trying to nod when it seemed appropriate, you accepted anything she handed you, praying that anything she was saying you would be able to access online later. Even if you were able to catch any of the words, there was no way you would remember all the excessive information.

"Annnnd that's it! Simple right? But I'm sure you're a pro at this, you're taking home so many! You okay sweetie? You're looking a bit green around the gills."

"H-Huh? Oh I'm just-"

"Oh there they are! Aren't they precious?! You chose such handsome ones, oh my! My heart!" The girl fanned her face with an extra pamphlet making you blush while Milly giggled. "Where have you been hiding these from me, Milly? I need to pay more attention." She swooned.

Namjoon crossed his arms at the secretary's doting words, the silver haired male next to him rolling his coal black eyes while his grey pointed ears practically laid flat against his head, those eyes shooting over to Milly in skeptical hesitation.

"Don't-" The wolf, who must be Yoongi, started in his husky tone. "Don't tell me she's the one?" He used his chin to point at the secretary, the tone of his voice making it obvious he wasn't too happy with the situation.

"Sweetie, no. I wish, but she's your owner," Amy motioned over to you, causing everyone's eyes to shift in your direction.

The tensed muscles from the wolf seemed to relax, perking up into a more neutral position while Namjoon almost snorted with his tail whipping behind him; glancing away. Remembering your little embarrassing outburst from earlier, heat returned to your cheeks. Silence hung in the air as you all sort of took in each other warily, unsure how to approach one another until Milly cleared her throat, stepping in to make introductions.

"Namjoon, Yoongi, this is who I told you about. Y/n, this is Namjoon-as I'm sure you're aware-and the shorter one here is, Yoongi." Milly gestured to the two as if to say you should approach them or something, but the looks Yoongi and Namjoon were giving were anything but inviting.