10 || Math Genius is a sidekick?

Začať od začiatku

Hoseok grinned "He's fun."

"And feisty" Jin added shaking his head.

A few minutes passed with each dwelling in their thoughts and Namjoon lavishly relishing every sip of his coffee.

"Ah, hyung, did you get the contacts of the producing company? The new restaurant's launch event seems to take up a bigger budget than we expected. It's better if we get prepared in advance" Namjoon said, snapping everyone from their line of thinking, changing the subject back to business, after all, they were here to do work.

"I did search it up on the web, looks like we'll have to sign contracts with more than one producing company. This event is going to be quite big than what we've undertaken in the past few years" Jin replied, shoving his hands into the pockets of his slacks.

"I'll follow up the researching process and inform you once I have detailed information," Hoseok said, getting up from the kitchen seat "What was the restaurant's name again?" he looked at Namjoon enquiringly.

"Cascadè--- owned by Mr Park Chanyeol, the second heir of EXO Club, that big family with a very broad hierarchy... we should start searching for a standard production team to collab with. This project is huge ," Namjoon said with a nod.

"Ooooh, this is gonna be fun. I'll go start my hunt" Jimin said cheerily, before jumping down from the counter and skipping down Taehyung's trail with bubbling enthusiasm.

"Fun, my ass. All it will be is a month of dumping tons of coffee into my system and pulling all-nighters till I begin doubting my twin flame to be an owl.." Jin sighed.

"We will pull through it, Jin and also... nice coffee" Namjoon smiled at the other and patted his wide shoulders--- a small gesture of empathy from his side, completely unaware of the impact it had on the elder.

Oh, My My.

*****

Taehyung straightened his back, stretching his neck from side to side and glanced at the vintage wall clock across the lounge.

Hours had rushed by and it was already the end of the office hours. Nabi was with Yoongi and by what he could see from the face-timing session they had had during the lunch hours, the uncle-niece duo was having a blast in Yoongi's office.

Yoongi was the CEO of his production house and that meant his company - his rules, ultimately the point was that he could take Nabi with him to his office, unlike Taehyung and confessing that he was missing his daughter wouldn't be an understatement in the least. He wanted to finish up his work soon and call off for the day, so he could get back to his baby girl and the cosy house of Yoongi.

Taehyung's face adorned a pleasant smile at the thought though it soon morphed into a startled frown when a high voice screeched his name.

"Tae, you are wanted!" Jimin called out from the other side of the hall, shouting yet again for the umpteenth time of the day, making him sigh in exasperation.

Why do you have to shout Jimin?

"Move your pretty butt soon TaeTae!"

JIMIN!!

Taehyung's face turned a rosy shade of crimson as he got up from his seat hurriedly and bowed lightly a few times apologetically to the people who had their attention on him, thanks to the commotion caused by the so-called errand boy.

Scrambling his way to the blonde, Taehyung almost landed an uppercut to the other's chin which Jimin skillfully dodged, his smooth reflexes saving him in the nick of time.

"You are rusty," Jimin said, scrunching up his nose playfully.

Taehyung huffed. "What is it? Who wants me?"

"Me." A familiar husky voice interjected their bickering.

"Waah okay..., the main lead is here, now, let me- the sidekick, take my leave" Jimin mocked a perfect ninety-degree bow and sprinted away before Taehyung could try another martial technique on him.

Taehyung and Jungkook rolled their eyes in unison.

"Jimin and his extra- ass." Jungkook shook his head while Taehyung stifled a laugh.

"Hey, Taehyung" Jungkook grinned.

"Hey, there yourself" Taehyung grinned back.

A few moments passed with both just standing there, doing--- absolutely nothing, just staring aimlessly.

What was even the aim?

"You wanted me?" Taehyung took the lead.

"YEAH!! I mean... yeah" Jungkook straightened his posture "So, you heard about the team partner thing?"

Taehyung nodded with a hum.

"You have found yours?"

"Not yet, Jungkook. As you know, I'm new here and so are some of the other members... I think it's too early to choose yet" Taehyung answered honestly.

Jungkook hummed "I have a task for you."

Taehyung cocked his eyebrows in interest.

"I want you to propose a design for this upcoming event," Jungkook said, hands tucked in the pockets of his well-tailored pants.

"What?!" Taehyung asked in a breathy whisper.

Jungkook couldn't help but smile at him. "Will you do it?"

Observing his silence, he rephrased the question "Do you want to do it, Taehyung?"

"I-... yeah-... of course, it's just I'm new and you are- "

"It's only an assignment Taehyung, though if the idea is good we might implement it" Jungkook shrugged "Just give it a try, it will be helpful for the future, yeah?"

Taehyung nodded excitement sparkling on his soft features "Thank you, Jungkook."

Jungkook shook his head "If you need help or something, feel free to reach out to me since I will be personally dealing with this project..."

Taehyung could only nod at the friendly male standing before him with admiration, the ravenette's non-hostile and amiable handsomeness sending a wave of warm fuzziness down his spine.

*****

Hey, lovelies!!

We reached 1K reads!!! Oh man holy shit!

Thank you so much y'all. I'm so grateful to have precious readers like each one of you!

You nice. Keep going!

Remember to click that little star button for sending your love and support!

Author-nim is so happy!

Like, share & comment.

-EuphoricOnyx-