7

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I silenced my alarm and hopped out of bed. I ran a hot shower and dried off my hair. I packed my laptop, gun and phone into a bag, keeping the arsenic in my pocket. After picking out a grey suit, I applied some heavy makeup and put my sunglasses on my head. I took a deep breath and pushed open my door, grabbed my keys, and left the hotel.

"Hi Jinx, we need to stop at a coffee shop before work,"

"Good morning, Miss, that won't be a problem. How are you feeling about your first day at work?"

"It's not my first day, Jinx, I've been doing this for eight years. This thing with the target is not me working for her, it's me doing my assigned job from the Boss,"

"I meant being her assistant, Miss,"

"I know. But I'm not really working for her am I? I'm just walking into the building and handing the coffee to someone, before driving off and going back to base,"

"You have all of this planned then, Miss?"

"Yes, can you call Ally?"

"Yes Miss,"

"Good morning," she said.

"Hey," I smiled, although she couldn't see it.

"I'm guessing you've already left?"

"Yeah, I'm on my way to get her coffee now,"

"Oo what does she have?"

"Double espresso, with whipped cream and a caramel drizzle," I smirked.

"So she's an adult, who wishes she were a child?"

"Exactly," l laughed.

"Are you going to get her a cookie too?" She teased.

"I hadn't thought of that, but now I think I will," I laughed with her.

"Are you actually?!"

"Yeah a double chocolate one," I giggled, pulling up outside the coffee shop, "right I've gotta go,"

"OK, good luck sweetheart,"

"Bye," and then I was out the car and getting the target's coffee and cookie for her. I also got myself a coffee and a millionaire shortbread square, which I ate on the way to the office, as Jinx drove me.

I was there early, which meant I still had time. I took the lid off her coffee, and was instantly met with the sickly sweet smell of caramel.

"Good bye Ms Venable," I muttered, as I poured the arsenic into her drink, swirling it around, as to make sure it was not noticeable.

Taking a deep breath, I grabbed her coffee and cookie and walked into the building.

"Hi, can you please take this to Ms Venable? I just need to get something out of my car, and I'll be late on the first day otherwise," I smiled at the receptionist who took me to her yesterday.

"Yeah of course, we'll done on the job by the way. And good luck," she laughed, taking the coffee and cookie.

"Thanks, tell her I'll be up in a minute," I called to her, as she got in the lift and the doors slid shut.

I waited to see the lift hit the top floor, where the target was, and then walked swiftly from the building and into the car, turning the ignition on and leaving the car park in a matter of seconds.

I drove to the hotel, packed my suitcase and got Ally, before we drove straight to the airport and boarded the jet. All of this was done in two hours.