Telling Mum the Truth

Start bij het begin

"We should turn in the woods tonight, maybe it'll help you embrace your wolf" I tell him.

"No way" he tells me. "We are going to the cellar and chaining ourselves up like always" he states.

"Fine, but I'm not happy about it" I tell him. "Want a game of pool?" I ask and he agrees. He goes orders a coffee and I set up the table. Soon he joins me and Matt fills up his coffee cup. I smell vervain and suppress a smile. Tyler is not going to like that coffee.

"You moving in or something? You've been here forever" he tells Tyler.

"We're suppose to be meeting Caroline" I tell him.

"You haven't seen her, have you?" Tyler asks him.

"Not keeping up on her comings and goings anymore" Matt tells him.

"Look, man, I never meant for me and her being friends to be a problem for you" Tyler tells him.

"It is what it is. Tonight's a full moon. She usually helps you both" Matt says.

"Yeah. Whatever" Tyler says and takes his shot.

"Do you, uh...Is this like the kind of thing that you need another person for?" Matt asks.

"Not really, I can handle him" I state.

"We can handle it. But thanks" Tyler tells him. He takes a sip of his coffee and grimaces. "Ahh. What is up with my taste buds today?" he grumbles.

"Heh. It's the vervain. The sheriff has me slip it into the coffee here every now and then" Matt tells him.

"I know, I could smell it. Ruins a perfectly good cup of coffee" I tell him.

"That's what vervain tastes like?" Tyler asks us.

"Yes" I tell him.

"Yeah. I'm surprised you can taste it, the coffee usually hides the flavour. For humans, anyway" Matt tells him. Tyler looks worried.

"Something wrong Tyler?" I ask him concerned.

"We have to talk to mum now" he tells me. He pays Matt for the coffee and we leave. Racing home. He telling me about mum's weird behavior and how she'd offered him coffee this morning laced with vervain. I tell him how she tried to give me some also, but I declined it.

When we arrive home, we find mum in dad's old study. "You put vervain in mine and Athena's coffee this morning. Why?" Tyler asks her.

"Vervain? What are you talking about?" she asks him fawning innocence.

"Let's skip the part where we pretend we don't know about the vampires in this town" I tell her.

"You were testing us to see it we were vampires. We want to know why" Tyler tells her.

"You both have been spending so much time with Caroline. I had to know for sure" she states.

"She's my best friend, who I haven't seen in years. Of course I was spending time with her and Tyler. He was there because I was" I tell her.

"What does Caroline have to do with it?" Tyler asks her.

"Let's skip the part where we pretend she's not one of them" mum tells us.

"What did you do to my best friend?" I demand growling.

"Easy Athena" Tyler tells me.

"I don't want either of you near her" mum tells us.

"Where is she, mom?" we demand.

"You can't be her friend. She's a monster" she tells us.

"You don't know about us, do you?" Tyler asks her.

"Know what? Know what, Tyler?" mum asks confused.

"It's time you saw who were really are mother" I tell her. We take her to the cellar.

"Athena, Tyler, what is it? Just...just tell me" mum tells us.

"You need to see for yourself" he tells her as he grabs the chains.

"What are you doing?" she asks him.

"You think Caroline's a monster" I tell her.

"We're the monsters mum" Tyler tells her.

"What?" she asks confused and Tyler grunts in pain. I grab mum and shove her into the cell. Locking her in. "What are you doing? What's happening?" she demands as my bones begin to break.

"Me, Tyler, Uncle Mason, it's in our blood. It's our family curse" I tell her.

"What curse?" she asks. Tyler's transformation speeds up. His fangs are out and his eyes are yellow. Mum screams.

"I won't let him hurt you mum" I assure her and will myself to change faster. Soon Tyler and I are both wolves. He goes to attack mum. But I stand in front of her growling. He backs down. I look at mum and she looks at us scared. I whine and lay down showing her that we mean no harm.

Tyler yips at me wanting to play. We play until we grew tired. We fall asleep until we turned back into humans. We look at mum as I get dressed. "I'll take care of it. I'll make sure nothing happens to her" she assures us.

"Thank you" Tyler tells her. He gets dressed and we let mum out. We go home and I leave to get my massage while Tyler went to have a shower.

A/N

Picture above of Athena and Tyler in wolf form. Picture on the external link of Carol behind the barred door.