it allows him full control of the Hell flare and if were to Evolve in this battle he would even be able to kill the Calamity class threat known as Charybdis with one single hit purely overwhelming it with the heat and the number of magicules but before he does that he still needs to practice a lot with it and learn how to master that skill.

Shion on the other had blasted energy shots out from her heavy sword. The orcish soldiers crowded in front of her were blown away before they realized what had happened. she just used pure brute force and her mastery over Ogre's sword Cannon allowed her to do just that.

Hakuro worked in little dots of activity showing his mastery over the sword.

after they began their assault the Entire area became dead silent.

"Open the way, pigs!" he warned, once again. Now, these orcs knew fear. The Ravenous unique skill inoculated them to it to some extent, but Benimaru's tactical strike was more than enough to stoke the fear at the deepest pits of their stomachs. let alone the attacks of the other two.

In a panic, they began to stampede, totally out of control. Nothing could knock them back to their senses now; the only thing in their minds was running, quickly, anywhere away from there. And it was that opening salvo that signaled to Rimuru and his forces that it was time to join the fray.

***

Just as he had come to terms with his upcoming death, Gabil found himself saved. He turned around, intending to offer a word of thanks. These figures looked familiar, but it took a moment for the memory to return to his brain.

Ah! Yes! The ruler of that village that tamed the dire wolves!

"Ahh!" he couldn't help but blurt out. "You! You are the master of that village, yes? Have you come to our assistance?"

Gabil had dismissed him as a scheming coward before, but now that his reinforcements were here, he figured he had the wrong impression all along. Gobta, meanwhile, wasn't sure how to respond. What's he goin' on about? he thought, dumbfounded

This lizardman made so little sense to him that he decided not to grace his madness with a reply.
Outside of Gobta and Gabil's scope of attention, Ranga was sizing up the orc general.

"You wish to get in my way?" the fighter said, spear pointed straight at the wolf, a little unnerved by these new events but still in control of his wits.

"Who are you?"

These wolves were a concern to him, certainly. The orc general had a feeling that the low rumble from before was a sign of even clearer danger, but he couldn't simply leave the wolves unchallenged.

"I am Ranga," came the low, half-growled reply, "the faithful servant of Sir Rimuru!"

"Rimuru, you say? I've never heard the name, but if this Rimuru seeks to defy us, we will destroy him."

Ranga chuckled. He hadn't felt this heartened in ages, able to release his full instincts as an apex predator.

With a howl as long and loud as he could muster, he unleashed his aura. After spending so long in the shadow of Rimuru, he had been heavily exposed to his beloved master's aura and used it to picture himself as the magical beast he was.

Something drove him to pursue this form of himself, and now Ranga realized it was time for his instincts to awaken.

He could feel the power surging within. His muscles grew, propelling him to his full, sixteen-foot-tall frame. His claws enhanced themselves, his fangs transformed into steel-like daggers—but what stood out most were the two horns that now grew from his forehead.

This was similar to the form of his master, the one he saw in the past. The tempest star wolf. And now he had evolved into that.

As soon as he awakened into the tempest star wolf he unleashed a death storm for the first time in this world killing thousands of Orcs at once. without hurting even a single lizardmen or goblins.

***

Gelmud was looking into his crystal ball. He didn't like what he saw.

"Damn those worthless bastards!"

In a fit of rage, he dashed the orb against the ground, shattering it into a million pieces. It had been showing the proceedings in the forest from the eyes of an orc general—Gelmud had chosen that vantage point to take in what he expected to be the ultimate realization of all his ambitions. But now, the last of his intact crystal balls was a murky shade of black. All three of the soldiers he had entrusted orbs to had died in combat.

Gelmud was personally giving names to the most powerful among each race that dwelled in the wood. Naming a creature consumed a great deal of magical energy, draining his powers for months at a time.

It was a dangerous game to play, but the "named" treated Gelmud like a parent and listened to anything he told them. Slowly, carefully, he had been building a small clique of protégés for him to manipulate forest-wide.

Some had been uprooted from the ground before they could fully sprout, but others had fully blossomed. Some were goblins, some lizardmen—and there were other races involved, too, all participating in the war as named monsters.

It was poisoning the well to cull the weak from the herd—powerful against powerful, the survivors fated to be evolved into a demon lord.

Gelmud's plan had been going without a hitch. These great wars among entire races shouldn't have occurred until three centuries after Veldora's disappearance. Whether sealed away or not, triggering a war while Veldora was still alive was playing with fire. It could break the seal itself, in fact.

So he had taken his time, gathering more pawns under his control and adjusting the power balance among the races. And now that Veldora had vanished far earlier than he anticipated, the whole thing was starting to fall apart.

And now the appearance of those Kijins and that dire wolf had led to everything he had worked towards falling apart in a single night.

The realization came to him at around the same time his third crystal ball went silent. All hope seemed lost for his ambitions—and for himself. Gelmud flew outside, casting a flight spell to propel him forward. There was no time to bother formulating a plan now. He had to get to the marshlands, and he needed to be fast.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Authors note: this story does not take place in the timeline in which the light novel is taking place instead the is another one the timeline created by Chloe's time leap. (there can only be one timeline in the world it was also said in the official LN and WN so I am going off that)

any kind of ideas or constructive criticism is most welcome.

NOTE: next chapter Benimaru vs the demon lord geld.
A.N: two chapters in a single day!!!!