When we pulled out of the pavement outside my apartment building, I expected a silent morning ride with William, but he had other plans so it seemed.

"How was your sleep?" he asked, slightly twisting his body to face me.

"It was fine. I didn't go to bed early, though, since Terry and Andrew visited last night," I replied, my body going stiff on the last note.

"Is there something wrong?" he asked as he looked at me in worry.

"It's nothing," I replied, brushing the topic off. "How about you? Why the sudden interrogative morning?" I quickly changed the topic.

William studied my face for a moment before he replied. "Well, there were promises made last night, and I'm eager to cash in those before you change your mind."

I chuckled at his reply, feeling a little shy as I remembered our not so discreet way of saying goodbye last night. I glanced towards the driver seat shyly. "Don't fret. I wasn't drunk when we agreed to it, so I'm aware of those promises myself."

"Are you sure you weren't drunk? I faintly remembered your cheeks being red last night," he teased shamelessly, his laughter resonating inside the car.

I playfully slapped his arm, but I couldn't help laughing along with him. He looked so different. The sound of his laugh was new and refreshing to my ears. I only hope this happy bubble we are in since last night won't pop. Then suddenly, I felt a small pang of pain in my heart. The smile on my face faltered a bit. I shoved the negative feeling away and tried to focus on what I have now. I'm not going to sour our morning with my bitterness.

As Mark drove the busy streets towards my workplace, William and I continued to talk about the little things. He asked me about my likes and dislikes and my hobbies – which was a lost cause since I had little time to myself since I moved here. He kept on asking me things that he could have easily found out through that stalker file he had of me. The effort left a small hopeful smile on my face.

I was about to start asking a question about him when our morning ride together was cut short. With a defeated sigh, I eyed the main entrance of my workplace.

"If you agreed to work for me, you wouldn't be seating here, hesitating about leaving," William remarked lightly as he stared me in amusement.

"You know that is immorally unfair," I mumbled in exasperation, shaking my head in disbelief. "Can you get out of the car so that I can get to work, please?" I asked after a beat of silence.

"Please reconsider my offer," he said as he ignored what I asked.

I closed my eyes as disappointment washed over me. Well, there goes the beautiful bubble we were in. "We've talked about this, William," I replied softly, trying not to sound rude.

"Just think about it. You completely disregarded it without even thinking about it first," he grumbled under his breath, his eyebrow scrunched together as he eyed me seriously. "Please?"

"Okay, fine. I will try," I answered in defeat, letting out a frustrated sigh. It would have been stressful if we started fighting again. "I will see you later. Have a good day at work," I said after a moment of silence.

"I will pick you up later," he stated with a brief nod, his expression back on business mode.

I nodded in reply as I watched him get out of the car for me to exit on his side of the door, which was facing the entrance of my workplace. I grunted as I jumped down and fixed my slightly wrinkled blouse. I felt William staring beside me before I looked up.

"Oh, screw it," he mumbled in a whisper before he quickly wrapped his arm around my waist, crushing me on his chest.

I gasped in surprise before I felt his lips on mine. I was unresponsive for a second as our lips touched, but then I allowed myself to get lost in his arms. He smelled divine. His cologne was intoxicating, fueling an inner desire that I thought I had lost long ago.