Six

I gasped as I quickly picked it up, pressing the answer button.

"Hel—" I was about to greet but got interrupted by an angry Mr. Mogul.

"What the hell, Andy! I've been calling you for almost half an hour now. Where were you? Why didn't you answer the phone?" William shouted at the other end of the phone, causing me to push it away from my ear.

I grimaced at his tone and rolled my eyes. Now he had the nerve to be pissed at me. "Cool it. I'm at work right now," I muttered in annoyance when I finally got the opportunity to talk. "While we are still in the zone of pissing each other off, I should probably ask you the same thing. Why haven't you contacted me last Saturday?" I continued, my voice low since it was still working hours. I wasn't supposed to take personal calls while I'm at my desk.

There was a brief silence on the end of his line, making me snort in disbelief. "You sure have some guts shouting at me a few moments ago. Now, when the table is turned, you keep your mouth shut," I implied with thick sarcasm.

"I'm sorry, Andy. I got tied with a business deal over the weekend. It's difficult to find reception when you're stuck on an almost deserted island," he replied softly but trailed off in an annoyed tone. Though, from the tone of his voice, he sounded pissed with himself.

I pursed my lips at his reply. "You didn't tell me you were going out of the country this weekend," I said sternly, not sure whether to be angry about it or not, but I wasn't comfortable that he hadn't told me about it in passing. It was like he was getting back at me with the Evan thing.

"It wasn't really necessary. I was only there for a day, anyway," he replied in a dead tone, making it obvious why he didn't tell me. Although he didn't admit it, I could tell that he was affected.

I sighed in defeat as I scratched the back of my head in exasperation. "Okay, fine, we are even now. I will tell you next time about something as uncontroversial as men that I've befriended in the near future."

I heard William sigh on the other side before he gave me a reply. "I wasn't getting back at you on that, Andy, but I appreciate you volunteering."

I rolled my eyes at his denial. "If that's all you want to talk about, I need to get back to work," I said as I made a quick glance around me, feeling relieved that no one had bothered to interrupt me on my call.

"Do you have plans for lunch today?" he asked, changing the topic quickly.

"I don't think so," I replied as I turned towards Sydney's empty cubicle. "I always have lunch with Sydney, though," I added on second thought.

"How about we have lunch together?" he suggested, his voice sounded a bit hopeful.

"What if Sydney wanted to come with me? She doesn't really like eating by herself now that I'm here," I asked, a smirk tugging at the end of my lips.

"Well, you can bring her if she wants. It's about time I get to meet this Sydney," he agreed without a second thought.

A little taken aback at his answer, I remained quiet for a moment. "Well, that is settled then. I will meet you in front of your workplace around fifteen minutes past twelve. Be there on time please," he instructed when I didn't reply.

"You're so demanding," I mumbled in disbelief and chuckled. "I'll see you later," I said with more volume before ending the call.

I didn't wait for him to say his goodbye properly since it will take another minute for that to end. I placed my phone back on my desk, a huge smile plastered on my face. It looked like my worries meant nothing. One call from him and my mood shifted.